Penn State Hershey Office of Administration
The Office of Administration is responsible for programs related to College operation and strategic planning, as well as the operation and review of College Departments. The office has specific responsibility for:
- Conflict of Interest
- Departmental Review and Resources
- Dean’s Council on Diversity
- Disability Services
- Unified Campus Teams
Our goals are to develop and administer forward-thinking programs to bring innovation, equity, trust, and efficiency to all levels and across all Departments of the College of Medicine. We are anxious to serve the needs of individual members of the College Community, as well as the Departments, Centers, and Institutes on which the College is built.
For related “administrative” areas served by other College offices, you may want to visit the following sites:
- For personnel, salary, and Benefits information, visit the Human Resources site.
- For faculty recruitment, appointments, promotion and tenure, and annual faculty evaluations (HR-40), visit the site of the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- For programs related to faculty advancement, mentoring, and development, visit the Office of Professional Development site.
- For issues including research funding and initiating research projects, visit the offices of Research Affairs and Research Development sites.
- Educating parents on healthy infant sleep habits may help prevent obesity Teaching parents bedtime techniques to encourage healthy sleep habits in their infants may help prevent obesity, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers. Strong links exist between inadequate sleep and childhood obesity.More...
- Gomez and Hafenstein awarded collaborative grant to study virus structures Esther Gomez, assistant professor of chemical engineering and biomedical engineering in Penn State’s College of Engineering, and Susan Hafenstein, associate professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology in Penn State’s College of Medicine, have been awarded one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine for the 2016-17 project period.More...
- Physicians help develop national treatment guidelines for pancreatic cancer Practice guidelines for physicians treating a wide range of diseases have become a frequently used, if not required tool, for every physician in daily medical practice.More...
- The Medical Minute: Disease causes tumors to form on nerve tissue Although neurofibromatosis (NF) is not commonly discussed, it affects more than 2 million people worldwide. According to the Children’s Tumor Foundation, NF is more common than cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease combined.More...