Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Office of Administration
The Office of Administration is responsible for programs related to College operation and strategic planning, as well as the operation and review of College Departments. The office has specific responsibility for:
- Conflict of Interest
- Departmental Review and Resources
- Dean’s Council on Diversity
- Disability Services
- Unified Campus Teams
Our goals are to develop and administer forward-thinking programs to bring innovation, equity, trust, and efficiency to all levels and across all Departments of the College of Medicine. We are anxious to serve the needs of individual members of the College Community, as well as the Departments, Centers, and Institutes on which the College is built.
For related “administrative” areas served by other College offices, you may want to visit the following sites:
- For personnel, salary, and Benefits information, visit the Human Resources site.
- For faculty recruitment, appointments, promotion and tenure, and annual faculty evaluations (HR-40), visit the site of the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- For programs related to faculty advancement, mentoring, and development, visit the Office of Professional Development site.
- For issues including research funding and initiating research projects, visit the offices of Research Affairs and Research Development sites.
- Immune cell role in intestinal movement may lead to better understanding of IBS Learning the role of immune-system cells in healthy digestive tracts and how they interact with neighboring nerve cells may lead to new treatments for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Researchers from Penn State College of Medicine, in collaboration with other scientists, have reported the role of macrophages in regulating the contractions of the colon to push digested material through the digestive tract.More...
- The Medical Minute: Don’t skimp on shades this summer Sunscreen and sunglasses top the list of summertime must-haves for most people. But just as skin can burn on an overcast or chilly day, eyes can sustain damage anytime you’re outdoors without sunglasses.More...
- Penn State Hershey to offer next Fit, Trim, and Slim session in August People looking for a safe and effective way to lose weight are encouraged to try Fit, Trim, and Slim, a 12-week weight management program offered by Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute.More...
- Grand opening held for medical/dental clinic at Bethesda Mission for LionCare Penn State College of Medicine medical students were on-hand when Harrisburg’s Bethesda Mission introduced its new medical and dental clinics to the community with a grand opening on Monday, June 30. Bethesda Mission is a homeless shelter in Harrisburg that serves the greater Harrisburg area and is also home to LionCare, Penn State Hershey’s student-run clinic.More...