Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Office of Administration
The Office of Administration is responsible for programs related to College operation and strategic planning, as well as the operation and review of College Departments. The office has specific responsibility for:
- Conflict of Interest
- Departmental Review and Resources
- Dean’s Council on Diversity
- Disability Services
- Unified Campus Teams
Our goals are to develop and administer forward-thinking programs to bring innovation, equity, trust, and efficiency to all levels and across all Departments of the College of Medicine. We are anxious to serve the needs of individual members of the College Community, as well as the Departments, Centers, and Institutes on which the College is built.
For related “administrative” areas served by other College offices, you may want to visit the following sites:
- For personnel, salary, and Benefits information, visit the Human Resources site.
- For faculty recruitment, appointments, promotion and tenure, and annual faculty evaluations (HR-40), visit the site of the Office of Faculty Affairs.
- For programs related to faculty advancement, mentoring, and development, visit the Office of Professional Development site.
- For issues including research funding and initiating research projects, visit the offices of Research Affairs and Research Development sites.
- Graduate School to host fall grant-writing workshops Registration is now open for a series of grant-writing workshops to be held this fall by the Penn State Graduate School that are intended for advanced graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.More...
- Primary care physicians can be critical resource for abused women in rural areas Many primary care physicians in rural communities do not routinely screen women for intimate partner violence (IPV), according to Penn State medical and public health researchers. Rural women who are exposed to such violence have limited resources if they seek help.More...
- The Medical Minute: Easing back-to-school anxieties in kids After a summer of lazy afternoons and late bedtimes, parents of school-aged children face the deadline for helping their young ones transition to not only a new routine and schedule -- but also the academic and social challenges a new school year brings.More...
- Hershey graduate students to take oath on Friday Incoming graduate students pursuing master of public health, master of science or doctoral degrees at Penn State College of Medicine will participate in the Graduate Student Oath Ceremony, at 3:30 p.m. this Friday, Aug. 22, in the University Conference Center at Hershey. During this ceremony, first-year graduate students take an oath to uphold the values of integrity, professionalism and scholarship throughout their academic careers.More...