Your Role and Activities During the Selective
- In the outpatient clinic, you will work directly with the attending and fellows, seeing new and return patients. For the first few days or so, you will observe the attending, fellows and residents. We strongly encourage you to observe each attending, fellow and resident after which you are encouraged to see patients independently. You are expected to present your history, physical exam findings, laboratory tests, assessment and recommendations to the attending in the room with the patient. You are encouraged not to recite from your notes. Following presentation and discussion of the case, you should dictate your note.
- You may be assigned specific topics to review and to present to the team.
- It is required that you attend the following educational activities:
- Medicine Grand Rounds on Tuesday mornings in Lecture Room D
- Wednesday conferences from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. in C5860