Student Interest Club
Article I: Purpose
Penn State Hershey Allergy Asthma and Immunology Interest Club is a student run organization created by students, whose purpose is to explore the allergy/immunology specialty and to determine if the specialty suits their future professional needs and inspirations. The club seeks to introduce students to AAI by lectures, discussion groups, clinical work, volunteer work and research. The goal is to establish communications and collaborations between students, residents, AAI fellows and AAI faculty.
Article II: Membership
Membership in Penn State Hershey Allergy Asthma and Immunology Interest Club shall be open to all faculty and full-time degree seeking students attending the Pennsylvania State College of Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Article III: Officers and Elections
Officers will be elected on an annual basis and will consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The duties of each officer are as follows:
- President: The President shall arrange and preside over all meetings and shall oversee and provide guidance for the activities of the organization. The president is also responsible for all communication between the organization and the Student Assembly board, including but not limited to submissions for weekly event calendar and submission of incoming officer list to Student Affairs.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall organize and operate all membership recruitment activities, shall act in place of the President in his/her absence. In the event that this position is not filled, the duties will become responsibility of the Secretary.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall document all meetings and activities, maintain a photographical record of activities, and provide necessary correspondence among the group. In the event that this position is not filled, the duties will become the responsibility of the Treasurer.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for all financial matters, including funding of any social and educational meetings. In the event that this position is not filled, the duties will become responsibility of the Secretary and/or Vice President.
- Other: The officer board may add or remove any additional officer position as they deem necessary for effective function of the Allergy Asthma and Immunology Interest Club. The duties of these officers will be decided upon by the current officer board.
Election of new officers shall take place at a time and location agreed upon by the current board but no later than April 30. All student members of the Allergy Asthma and Immunology Interest Club may run for office and all members may vote on candidates. The candidate receiving the most votes shall be considered elected. In the event of a tie, the current president will cast the deciding vote. Elections shall be done in sequential order beginning with President thus allowing candidates not elected to run for lower positions. An individual may only hold one officer position within this organization unless a position is left unfilled following the election meeting.
Article IV: Meetings
The president and/or a majority of the leadership board may call board and/or membership meetings at any time. The officers shall assemble to plan and prepare for the successful completion of no less than two activities per year.
Article VII: Amendments
The constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the Penn State Hershey Allergy Asthma and Immunology Interest Club officer board.
For more information, please contact Corinne Gibilterra at 717-531-6525.
Faculty Advisor - Gisoo Ghaffari, M.D.
Pager - 717-531-8521, pager 3366
Phone - 717-531-6876