Goals and Objectives for the Selective
It is expected that during the rotation you will:
- Gain an understanding of the breadth of patients cared for by allergists in different settings and with a variety of issues;
- Develop an appreciation of the care of patients with chronic illness (e.g. asthma, chronic urticaria) and those with acute illness (e.g. acute sinusitis), and the complexities of managing both;
- Reinforce and develop your history gathering and physical diagnostic skills;
- Develop skills necessary to dictate an outpatient letter
- Broaden your overall base of general medical knowledge and specifically the methods of diagnosing and managing allergic diseases;
- Familiarize yourself with percutaneous skin tests, patch test, and spirometry. Observing the methods and learning the interpretations.