Welcome to Penn State Hershey Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Research is a major part of our program. We are very active in clinical research studies and a basic research laboratory. Dr. Faoud Ishmael, M.D., Ph.D., Research Director, who is developing our ability to do translational research. Our research interests are:
- Obstructive lung disease
- Multiple drug allergy
- Alpha1-anti-trypsin deficiency
- Hereditary angioedema
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
At the present time we follow the largest group of hereditary angioedema patients in the United States and this allows multiple research opportunities for students, residents and fellows. As a group we have successfully worked with over 50 medical students in their research projects and each year have multiple students presenting their research at our national conferences and have mentored many residents in their research projects.
- Man walking across the U.S. for THON and Four Diamonds visits Penn State Hershey A Penn State alumnus who has been walking across the United States to raise money for the fight against childhood cancer made a stop in Hershey. Along his journey of more than 3,000 miles, Norman Horn has held awareness and fundraising activities to raise money for the Penn State Dance Marathon, or THON, to benefit Four Diamonds at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- New clinic addresses medical and mental health needs of maltreated children A new clinic in Harrisburg will serve as the medical home for children in out-of-home care, providing primary care as well as evidence-based mental and behavioral health services. A dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony was held this morning (Sept. 30) to celebrate the opening of the James M. and Margaret V. Stine Foundation TLC Clinic, a service of the Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children.More...
- The symbol of our best: The Nittany Lion bonds all Penn Staters For the few students across Penn State's campuses who have had the privilege of donning the suit, being the Nittany Lion mascot means far more than leading cheers — it means leading a family.More...
- 2014 Eye School seminar set for Nov. 8 at Penn State Hershey The Penn State Hershey Eye Center presents Eye School 2014, a free community education event that introduces people of all ages to anatomy, diseases and surgery of the eye. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 8, at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...