Welcome to Penn State Hershey Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Research is a major part of our program. We are very active in clinical research studies and a basic research laboratory. Dr. Faoud Ishmael, M.D., Ph.D., Research Director, who is developing our ability to do translational research. Our research interests are:
- Obstructive lung disease
- Multiple drug allergy
- Alpha1-anti-trypsin deficiency
- Hereditary angioedema
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
At the present time we follow the largest group of hereditary angioedema patients in the United States and this allows multiple research opportunities for students, residents and fellows. As a group we have successfully worked with over 50 medical students in their research projects and each year have multiple students presenting their research at our national conferences and have mentored many residents in their research projects.
- Photography series highlights Penn State Hershey support personnel While portraits of deans, department chairs and board members are often hung around campus, a series of photographs by Dr. Joseph Gascho highlights the importance of those not in the spotlight at Penn State Hershey.More...
- Motorcycle ride benefits Child Life Program at Hershey Organizers of the Helping Little Hands Motorcycle Ride recently presented Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital with $6,630, the proceeds of its second annual bike ride.More...
- Annual ‘Pay for Play’ event for Children’s Miracle Network begins Nov. 6 Nipsey, Earl David Reed and Jen Shade of WQXA-FM 105.7 the X’s "The People’s Morning Show" will host the 28-hour marathon “Pay for Play” broadcast from 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, through 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 7.More...
- Children’s Hospital receives contributions from motorcycle enthusiasts Motorcycle enthusiasts from the Lancaster area visited Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital recently to deliver toys and $50,000 in contributions from their Central Pennsylvania Confederation of Motorcycle Clubs Ride.More...