Welcome to Penn State Hershey Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Research is a major part of our program. We are very active in clinical research studies and a basic research laboratory. Dr. Faoud Ishmael, M.D., Ph.D., Research Director, who is developing our ability to do translational research. Our research interests are:
- Obstructive lung disease
- Multiple drug allergy
- Alpha1-anti-trypsin deficiency
- Hereditary angioedema
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
At the present time we follow the largest group of hereditary angioedema patients in the United States and this allows multiple research opportunities for students, residents and fellows. As a group we have successfully worked with over 50 medical students in their research projects and each year have multiple students presenting their research at our national conferences and have mentored many residents in their research projects.
- Penn State Hershey appoints new chief financial officer Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has selected Stephen Massini to serve as the medical center’s new chief financial officer, effective April 20.More...
- The Medical Minute: Endometriosis is real -- and it’s treatable Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose, with women often being told for years that they are experiencing their "normal period," and according to the Endometriosis Foundation of America, it affects one in 10 women. Penn State Hershey gynecological surgeon Gerald Harkins is working to get the word out that women with endometriosis do not have to suffer.More...
- Penn State Hershey patient to serve as 2015-16 CMN Hospitals Champion Nine-year-old Caden Capitani of Hershey, a patient at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, has been named the 2015-16 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for Pennsylvania.More...
- OSLER at Penn State Hershey accepting scholarship applications The Office for Scholarship in Learning and Education Research (OSLER) at Penn State College of Medicine invites faculty members to apply for the second annual Scholarship in Education Award.More...