Welcome to Penn State Hershey Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Research is a major part of our program. We are very active in clinical research studies and a basic research laboratory. Dr. Faoud Ishmael, M.D., Ph.D., Research Director, who is developing our ability to do translational research. Our research interests are:
- Obstructive lung disease
- Multiple drug allergy
- Alpha1-anti-trypsin deficiency
- Hereditary angioedema
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
At the present time we follow the largest group of hereditary angioedema patients in the United States and this allows multiple research opportunities for students, residents and fellows. As a group we have successfully worked with over 50 medical students in their research projects and each year have multiple students presenting their research at our national conferences and have mentored many residents in their research projects.
- Exercise program inspires $14 million College of Medicine research study Three sets of shoulder presses, chat about the weather. Three sets of chair stands, joke with the person on your right. Three sets of arm pulls, encourage the person on your left. This simple recipe – which combines strength training with socialization – has become a successful formula for older adults who participate in Band Together peer exercise groups throughout Central Pennsylvania.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' thank you to these Penn Staters This week, we recognize five people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with World Campus, Penn State Hershey, Penn State Law and the College of Agricultural Sciences.More...
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- Independence Day celebration set for July 4 on Penn State Hershey campus Again this year, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will present An American Salute, an Independence Day performance by the Hershey Symphony Orchestra on the front lawn of the main hospital complex. This event typically attracts thousands of people.More...