Welcome to Penn State Hershey Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Research is a major part of our program. We are very active in clinical research studies and a basic research laboratory. Dr. Faoud Ishmael, M.D., Ph.D., Research Director, who is developing our ability to do translational research. Our research interests are:
- Obstructive lung disease
- Multiple drug allergy
- Alpha1-anti-trypsin deficiency
- Hereditary angioedema
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
At the present time we follow the largest group of hereditary angioedema patients in the United States and this allows multiple research opportunities for students, residents and fellows. As a group we have successfully worked with over 50 medical students in their research projects and each year have multiple students presenting their research at our national conferences and have mentored many residents in their research projects.
- The Medical Minute: Simple steps can lead to safe sleep for infants The number of infants who die each year from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) has decreased in recent decades as awareness of safe sleeping habits has increased. Yet each year, babies still die from sudden, unexplained causes.More...
- Tickets on sale for Children's Miracle Ball on Nov. 22 The 25th annual Miracle Ball will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Hershey Lodge. The ball begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction followed by dinner, dancing and entertainment provided by Honey Pump.More...
- Tickets available for Neiman Marcus Fashion Show on Dec. 5 at Hotel Hershey Children's Miracle Network's annual Neiman Marcus Fashion Show returns Dec. 5 to the Hotel Hershey. This elegant runway show and luncheon benefits the children and families of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Comics in illness the topic of the next First Fridays Lecture The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine will welcome Katie Green to the November First Fridays Lecture, “SHOW AND TELL: The Power of Comics in Illness,” at noon Nov. 7 in Room C2860.More...