Welcome to Penn State Hershey Alumni Affairs
The College of Medicine Alumni Society thanks all alumni and friends who continue to contribute to its scholarship program. Because of alumni response, we awarded over 70 scholarship to deserving medical and graduate students in 2013. Alumni scholarships totaled more than $80,000 this year.
Congratulations to the students who received an alumni scholarship in 2013.
Alumni Weekend 2014, which is scheduled for September 19-20, 2014, will provide the stage for you to gather with Penn State College of Medicine alumni, faculty, and friends, while you reminisce about where your medical career began. So be sure to mark the date on your calendar! This year's reunion classes will feature the classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, and 2009.
Rekindle friendships that made your time at Penn State College of Medicine memorable. Reconnect with faculty and past mentors. Walk the campus and see how Penn State College of Medicine has changed -- and remained the same throughout the years.
To view and print this year's Alumni Weekend brochure, please click here.
To register online for Alumni Weekend, please click here.
We look forward to seeing you back on campus for Alumni Weekend 2014!
Contact the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations at 717-531-1651 or AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu.
The Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2013-2014 Penn State, Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Awards.
- The Alumni Achievement Award recognizes alumni 35 years of age and younger for their extraordinary professional accomplishments.
- The Alumni Fellow Award is the highest honor that the Penn State Alumni Association bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Cheston M. Berlin Service Award recognizes meritorious service to the College of Medicine Alumni Society or its members.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that The Pennsylvania State University bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Honorary Alumnus/a Award recognizes outstanding individuals who, though not graduates of Penn State, greatly enhance the University through their commitment and service, and who make significant contributions to Penn State's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
Please complete your nomination using the standard College of Medicine Alumni Award Nomination Form. Nominations can be submitted on a continuous basis, but should be postmarked by June 1, 2014 for consideration this year. Please send nomination forms to:
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, A120
c/o Alison Lipsett Simpson, Alumni Relations Officer
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
To submit a nomination form electronically, please send it to Alison Lipsett Simpson at AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu, or please fax to 717-531-7939.
- Program to help children cope with cancer diagnoses When children hear that parents or grandparents have been diagnosed with cancer, they may feel frightened, discouraged and confused. CLIMB (Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery), a free, four-week program at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, is designed to help children ages five to 13 cope when someone they love has cancer by encouraging discussion and creativity. The next session of CLIMB begins on Feb. 18 and will meet on four consecutive Wednesdays.More...
- Penn State Hershey to observe American Heart Month Penn State Hershey Medical Center has several events planned for February in observation of American Heart Month.More...
- Spin for THON activities set for Feb. 21 The Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center invites the community to participate in Spin for THON on Saturday, Feb. 21. Cyclists can sign up for a 50-minute cycle ride.More...
- Driving for a Cure Tournament raises $12,000 for Cancer Institute The Seventh Annual Driving for a Cure Kenneth F. Noel Memorial Golf Tournament was held on Sept. 13, 2014 at Flatbush Golf Course in Littlestown. The latest tournament raised $12,000 for Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute.More...