Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
As Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, it is my privilege to welcome you to the many facets of our Department. Within this site, you will find detailed information regarding our patient resources, educational opportunities, as well as research and outreach initiatives.
Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA)
Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Simulation-Based Education for Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA)
Advantages of attending a MOCA course at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center:
- Skills Training
- Crisis Intervention
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Saturday, October 1, 2016
- Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, March 25, 2017
For more information, please contact Chris Mulvey at 717-531-7988, firstname.lastname@example.org
"It is our wish that Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology News will become a forum for Colleagues, Alumni, and Friends of the Department to be well informed about developments. "
~ Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA), Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology
- Winter, 2016
- Summer 2015
- Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Spring/Summer 2011
- Fall/Winter 2010
- Spring/Summer 2010
To ensure you receive a copy of our newsletter, please click here, to update your contact information in our alumni database.
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patients safety, physician and nursing excellence.
Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Society was founded in the spring of 1974 by sixty-two members. As a constituent society of the Penn State Alumni Association, the Society allows alumni to express their loyalty and support of Penn State through their own college or campus.
Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology's Chronic Pain Management Center provides for the diagnosis and management of pain problems through an outpatient clinic environment. Highly trained physicians, nurses and technical personnel well versed in the areas of pharmacological, physical, and psychological therapeutic methods evaluate each patient and produce an individual treatment plan. The staff work closely with the patient's primary physician to provide a diagnosis and recommend a specific treatment program for each patient.
- Physician Assistant Program at College of Medicine welcomes new class The Physician Assistant (PA) Program at Penn State College of Medicine welcomed its entering class of 2016 during its annual White Coat Ceremony on May 24. The 30 students were presented with their white coats, symbolizing their entrance into the medical profession.More...
- The Medical Minute: Keys to building and maintaining bone strength Osteoporosis is on the rise as 75 million baby boomers approach their golden years. Yet many patients and physicians are not aware of what they can do to prevent, slow down and treat the condition, which happens when holes develop in bone, creating a risk of fractures from falls.More...
- Nursing professional uses homeland security degree to help her community A Penn State nursing professional studying homeland security online developed an action plan for her community to respond to infectious disease outbreaks.More...
- Bringing diversity into focus on the Hershey campus Tucked away in the Biomedical Research Building of the college, Lynette Chappell-Williams isn’t even sure people know her office exists, let alone what it does. That helps her cause in a way — because she doesn’t want people to think advancing diversity and inclusion is the business of her office alone. Everyone plays a role.More...