Penn State Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
As Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, it is my privilege to welcome you to the many facets of our Department. Within this site, you will find detailed information regarding our patient resources, educational opportunities, as well as research and outreach initiatives.
Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA)
Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Simulation-Based Education for Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA)
Advantages of attending a MOCA course at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center:
- Skills Training
- Crisis Intervention
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, March 25, 2017
For more information, please contact Chris Mulvey at 717-531-7988, firstname.lastname@example.org
"It is our wish that Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology News will become a forum for Colleagues, Alumni, and Friends of the Department to be well informed about developments. "
~ Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA), Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology
- Winter, 2016
- Summer 2015
- Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Spring/Summer 2011
- Fall/Winter 2010
- Spring/Summer 2010
To ensure you receive a copy of our newsletter, please click here, to update your contact information in our alumni database.
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patients safety, physician and nursing excellence.
Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Society was founded in the spring of 1974 by sixty-two members. As a constituent society of the Penn State Alumni Association, the Society allows alumni to express their loyalty and support of Penn State through their own college or campus.
Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology's Chronic Pain Management Center provides for the diagnosis and management of pain problems through an outpatient clinic environment. Highly trained physicians, nurses and technical personnel well versed in the areas of pharmacological, physical, and psychological therapeutic methods evaluate each patient and produce an individual treatment plan. The staff work closely with the patient's primary physician to provide a diagnosis and recommend a specific treatment program for each patient.
- Penn State Health honey entered into Farm Show contest This year -- for the first time -- Penn State Health entered its own honey in the annual Pennsylvania State Farm Show apiary contest.More...
- Nurses provide flu shots at the Farm Show Penn State Health partnered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to supply 2,500 doses of the flu shot for Farm Show week.More...
- Seed grants available for faculty to develop Integrative Studies Gen Ed courses The Penn State Office for General Education is pleased to announce an opportunity for faculty interested in developing a new Integrative Studies General Education course.More...
- The Medical Minute: Despite low profile, Zika remains a high concern Even though the Zika virus hasn’t been in the news as much lately, it remains a serious public health concern.More...