Penn State Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
As Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, it is my privilege to welcome you to the many facets of our Department. Within this site, you will find detailed information regarding our patient resources, educational opportunities, as well as research and outreach initiatives.
Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA)
Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Simulation-Based Education for Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA)
Advantages of attending a MOCA course at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center:
- Skills Training
- Crisis Intervention
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, March 25, 2017
For more information, please contact Chris Mulvey at 717-531-7988, email@example.com
"It is our wish that Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology News will become a forum for Colleagues, Alumni, and Friends of the Department to be well informed about developments. "
~ Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA), Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology
- Winter, 2016
- Summer 2015
- Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Spring/Summer 2011
- Fall/Winter 2010
- Spring/Summer 2010
To ensure you receive a copy of our newsletter, please click here, to update your contact information in our alumni database.
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patients safety, physician and nursing excellence.
Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Society was founded in the spring of 1974 by sixty-two members. As a constituent society of the Penn State Alumni Association, the Society allows alumni to express their loyalty and support of Penn State through their own college or campus.
Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology's Chronic Pain Management Center provides for the diagnosis and management of pain problems through an outpatient clinic environment. Highly trained physicians, nurses and technical personnel well versed in the areas of pharmacological, physical, and psychological therapeutic methods evaluate each patient and produce an individual treatment plan. The staff work closely with the patient's primary physician to provide a diagnosis and recommend a specific treatment program for each patient.
- Scholar’s shift in subject matter leads to intriguing cancer-research findings Alexandre Bourcier, a Penn State sophomore and Schreyer Honors Scholar, found a new way to use a cancer-treating drug during a research project in Hershey.More...
- Santa makes a cyber-stop at Penn State Children’s Hospital As Santa Claus puts finishing touches on his list and checks it twice, he took time out of his busy schedule to talk with patients at Penn State Children’s Hospital.More...
- Deven Jackson’s football dreams come true Twelve-year-old Deven Jackson from Perry County lives and breathes football. So when his legs were amputated because of bacterial meningitis, he asked his parents, “Does this mean I can’t play football now?” Thanks to running blades, Deven’s determination and the care he received at Penn State Children’s Hospital, he did eventually return to the football field.More...
- PRO Wellness hits the street with new mobile unit Penn State Children’s Hospital and Penn State PRO Wellness are now taking healthy family lifestyle education on the road to various community events each month.More...