Penn State Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
As Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, it is my privilege to welcome you to the many facets of our Department. Within this site, you will find detailed information regarding our patient resources, educational opportunities, as well as research and outreach initiatives.
Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA)
Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Simulation-Based Education for Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA)
Advantages of attending a MOCA course at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center:
- Skills Training
- Crisis Intervention
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, March 25, 2017
For more information, please contact Chris Mulvey at 717-531-7988, email@example.com
"It is our wish that Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology News will become a forum for Colleagues, Alumni, and Friends of the Department to be well informed about developments. "
~ Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA), Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology
- Winter, 2016
- Summer 2015
- Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Spring/Summer 2011
- Fall/Winter 2010
- Spring/Summer 2010
To ensure you receive a copy of our newsletter, please click here, to update your contact information in our alumni database.
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patients safety, physician and nursing excellence.
Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Society was founded in the spring of 1974 by sixty-two members. As a constituent society of the Penn State Alumni Association, the Society allows alumni to express their loyalty and support of Penn State through their own college or campus.
Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology's Chronic Pain Management Center provides for the diagnosis and management of pain problems through an outpatient clinic environment. Highly trained physicians, nurses and technical personnel well versed in the areas of pharmacological, physical, and psychological therapeutic methods evaluate each patient and produce an individual treatment plan. The staff work closely with the patient's primary physician to provide a diagnosis and recommend a specific treatment program for each patient.
- The Medical Minute: The evolving guidelines on screen time for kids Digital media changes so quickly that the American Academy of Pediatrics updated its recommendations on media use and screen time for children just a year after issuing its previous guidelines.More...
- Breast Center and Child Life Program benefit from fundraising efforts Two recent events raised a combined total of nearly $16,000 for entities at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Medical Center upgrades to newest technology in stereotactic radiosurgery The team at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has upgraded to the newest technology in cranial radiosurgery, enhancing its abilities to target brain tumors and functional disorders.More...
- Pa. health secretary launches flu vaccination campaign at Hershey Medical Center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is partnering with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to launch the 2016 “Stopping the Flu Starts with You” campaign.More...