Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
As Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, it is my privilege to welcome you to the many facets of our Department. Within this site, you will find detailed information regarding our patient resources, educational opportunities, as well as research and outreach initiatives.
Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA)
Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Pennsylvania Anesthesia Resident Research Conference 2016 (PARRC)
Saturday, May 14, 2016 - click here for more Information
Simulation-Based Education for Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA)
Advantages of attending a MOCA course at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center:
- Skills Training
- Crisis Intervention
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Saturday, April 9, 2016
- Saturday, October 1, 2016
- Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, March 25, 2017
For more information, please contact Chris Mulvey at 717-531-7988, email@example.com
Ultrasound/Guided Cadaver Course
"It is our wish that Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology News will become a forum for Colleagues, Alumni, and Friends of the Department to be well informed about developments. "
~ Berend Mets, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCA, FFA(SA), Eric A. Walker Professor and Chair of Anesthesiology
- Winter, 2016
- Summer 2015
- Winter 2015
- Spring/Summer 2014
- Fall/Winter 2014
- Spring/Summer 2013
- Fall/Winter 2012
- Spring/Summer 2012
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Spring/Summer 2011
- Fall/Winter 2010
- Spring/Summer 2010
To ensure you receive a copy of our newsletter, please click here, to update your contact information in our alumni database.
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patients safety, physician and nursing excellence.
Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Society was founded in the spring of 1974 by sixty-two members. As a constituent society of the Penn State Alumni Association, the Society allows alumni to express their loyalty and support of Penn State through their own college or campus.
Penn State Hershey Anesthesiology's Chronic Pain Management Center provides for the diagnosis and management of pain problems through an outpatient clinic environment. Highly trained physicians, nurses and technical personnel well versed in the areas of pharmacological, physical, and psychological therapeutic methods evaluate each patient and produce an individual treatment plan. The staff work closely with the patient's primary physician to provide a diagnosis and recommend a specific treatment program for each patient.
- Penn State Stroke Center again earns highest level of designation The Penn State Stroke Center has once again earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it provides to patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in central Pennsylvania.More...
- Patients with atrial fibrillation offered hope by new implantable device People with atrial fibrillation are most commonly treated with long-term use of blood-thinning medications to reduce the risk of a stroke. But a newly approved device now being implanted by physicians at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers many of those patients hope that they may be able to discontinue use of blood-thinners.More...
- Graduate student excellence celebrated at awards luncheon Penn State President Eric Barron presented 11 awards to more than 30 graduate students in recognition of outstanding achievement during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...
- University honors graduate students with Professional Master’s Excellence Award Four Penn State graduate students received the Professional Master’s Excellence Award. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in a professional master’s degree program, in any discipline, based upon the student’s academic record in the graduate program and the quality and impact of the student’s culminating experience, including creative works, performance, and projects conducted in a professional setting.More...