Bioengineering - Admission Requirements
Requirements listed here are in addition to general Graduate School requirements stated in the GENERAL INFORMATION section of the Graduate Bulletin.
- Scores from Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required.
- At the discretion of the graduate program, a student may be admitted provisionally for graduate study without these scores.
- Students with a degree in engineering, physics, or the life sciences will be eligible for admission.
- All students must have a strong background in physics and mathematics. This background should include 6 credits in chemistry, 9 credits in calculus-based physics, and mathematics through calculus and differential equations.
- Students who lack one or two courses may still be considered for admission but will have to make up any deficiency early in their graduate program.
- Students with a 3.0 junior/senior grade-point average and with appropriate course backgrounds will be considered for admission.
- The best-qualified applicants will be accepted up to the number of spaces available.
- Exceptions to the minimum average may be made for students with special backgrounds, abilities, and interests.