Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute is proud to be a leader in the care of patients with disorders of the bones, joints and spine, providing the most innovative care to adults and children with even the most complex disorders. To learn more about us click here.
- Adult appointments in Hershey: 717-531-5638
- Pediatric appointments in Hershey: 717-531-7123
- All appointments in State College: 814-865-3566
If you have questions or are interested in further details about any information on this site, please Contact Us.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Summer 2015 articles
- Complex Limb Reconstruction Case Report: Combined Use of the Ilizarov Technique and Taylor Spatial Frame
- Magnetically Controlled Growing Rod System Offers Nonsurgical Distraction for Early Onset Scoliosis
- Pearls for Internal Distraction Plating of Complex Distal Radius Fractures
- Unique Challenges of Managing Injuries on the Sports Field
- Innovative social media program designed to keep HIV-affected people healthy Dr. John Zurlo saw his first AIDS patients during his internal medicine residency training in 1984. Today, as director of the infectious diseases training program, he still spends much of his time providing care to those with HIV -- the virus that leads to AIDS.More...
- Six Penn State Researchers named AAAS Fellows Six Penn State faculty members have been named Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the organization announced November 23, 2015.More...
- Lower availability of omega-3 fatty acids associated with bipolar disorder People with bipolar disorder have lower levels of certain omega-3 fatty acids that cross the blood-brain barrier than people who do not, according to researchers from Penn State College of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.More...
- Lehigh Valley student delivers treats, Thanksgiving cheer to children's hospital Penn State Lehigh Valley freshman Michael Healy biked more than six hours from the Lehigh Valley campus to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital to spread some Thanksgiving cheer.More...