Head and Neck Cancer
The head and neck cancer team leads in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of both benign and malignant diseases of the head and neck region. Our team employs a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat all types and stages of cancers that occur in the head and neck region, including:
- Oral cancer (lip, mouth, tongue, palate)
- Oropharyngeal cancer (tonsil, tongue base, soft palate) - including Davinci Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Laryngeal cancer (voice box)
- Hypopharyngeal cancer (throat and swallowing passage cancer)
- Thyroid cancer and tumors
- Parathyroid disease (Hyperparathyroidism) - including Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy
- Salivary gland tumors
- Cutaneous malignancies of the head and neck
Patients are thoroughly evaluated by our team of physicians and caregivers in order to make the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. We provide patients with the information needed to understand their disease and decide on the best treatment plan for them. Treatments may include surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy as well as medical therapy. Throughout treatment, we emphasize ongoing communication with patients, families, and referring physicians.
Clinical Corner: What's New in the Treatment of Meniere's Disease?
Meniere's disease does not have a definitive cure but there are treatment options to control the symptoms depending on the stage of the disease. Dietary and lifestyle changes are the first step of the treatment and work very well for the majority of patients with Meniere's disease. Because we believe there is an overlap between Meniere's disease and migraine, we advise patients to refrain from eating foods that have been shown to trigger migraine attacks. Learn more about about new treatments for this disease.