Special Visitors Policy
Special Visitors and entertainers requesting to visit pediatric patients will be screened by the Child Life Program to ensure events are safe, appropriate, and respectful of patients rights.
For the safety of our patients, we are unable to accommodate all offers, but please know that we do appreciate you thinking of the children here.
- All visitors and entertainers requesting to visit pediatric patients will make their request through the Child Life Program. Please contact Sarah Miller, Child Life Support Associate, 717-531-8366, email@example.com.
- Visitation guidelines and application will be shared with the contact person.
- A Child Life staff member or other hospital representative must accompany visitors/entertainers.
- Requests for programs with religious theme will be referred to Pastoral Services, 531-8177
- Requests for Christmas caroling will be referred to Center Stage or e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consideration will be given to events that are:
- Highly entertaining, educational, and therapeutic
- Distinctive (we can only accommodate so many similar acts)
- Appropriate for our patient age range (infant – 18 years)
- Religiously, politically, and socially neutral
- Appropriate for the hospital setting
- Safe for our patients emotionally and physically
- Appropriate for the space available
For more information on special visitors and performances, including additional guidelines and application, please contact Sarah Miller, Child Life Support Associate, email@example.com.