Penn State Hershey part of new report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes
Penn State Children's Hospital is part of a first-of-its-kind report on pediatric and congenital heart surgery by the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council (PHC4). The report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes is a first in Pennsylvania, and is the only statewide reporting effort like it in the nation. The report shows that the outcomes for pediatric and congenital heart surgery at our Children's Hospital are the same or better than the national average.
Our cardiology team provides the most advanced heart care through diagnosis of and care for congenital and acquired heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents. They also care for congenital heart disease patients who have reached adulthood. Furthermore, they offer a full array of diagnostic capabilities.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Catheterization - Left heart
- Catheterization - Right heart
- Computed Axial Tomography Scan (CT scan)
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Exercise Testing - The ability to exercise is important for life long cardiovascular health. We have a nationally recognized laboratory for children that allow us to diagnose problems that might limit a child's activity. It also allows us to provide a child with a safe exercise routine. This testing further assists our group in the management of patients with chest pain and syncope.
- Holter Monitor (24-hour)
- Tilt Table Testing - Tilt table testing is a specialized tool to evaluate individuals with syncope. This service has become a special resource throughout Central PA.
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)
- Exercise Related Pulmonary Function Testing
Toll Free: 866-CHG-CARE (866-244-2273)
- Thomas K. Chin, M.D., Chief
- Elizabeth Ellen Adams, D.O.
- Vincent P. R. Aluquin, M.D.
- Dennis Chang, M.D.
- Mark H. Cohen, M.D.
- Stephen E. Cyran, M.D.
- Thomas Dispenza, M.D.
- Jason R. Imundo, M.D.
- Michele P. Monaco, M.D.
- Linda B. Pauliks, M.D.
- Nishant Shah, M.D.
- Robert D. Tunks, M.D., MHS
- Howard S. Weber, M.D.
- L. Timothy Wolfe, M.D.
- Penn State Hershey Children's Heart Group - 121 Nyes Road, Suite D, Harrisburg
- Penn State Children's Hospital - 500 University Drive, UPC II, Suite 1100, Hershey
- Penn State Children's Hospital - Lancaster Outpatient - 2170 Noll Drive, Suite 300, Lancaster
- Penn State Hershey Medical Group York - 25 Monument Road, Suite 160, York