Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery Outcomes
The most recent report from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) National Congenital Heart Surgery Database ranks the pediatric heart surgery program at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital among the Top 15 in the country in survival following pediatric heart operations. These results have been achieved utilizing a multi-disciplinary team of pediatric specialists including heart surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, critical care physicians, neonatologists, nursing staff, and technologists in heart-lung bypass and respiratory care. Click here to learn more about about our outcomes.
Our cardiology team provides the most advanced heart care through diagnosis of and care for congenital and acquired heart disease in infants, children, and adolescents. They also care for congenital heart disease patients who have reached adulthood. Furthermore, they offer a full array of diagnostic capabilities.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Catheterization - Left heart
- Catheterization - Right heart
- Computed Axial Tomography Scan (CT scan)
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Exercise Testing - The ability to exercise is important for life long cardiovascular health. We have a nationally recognized laboratory for children that allow us to diagnose problems that might limit a child's activity. It also allows us to provide a child with a safe exercise routine. This testing further assists our group in the management of patients with chest pain and syncope.
- Holter Monitor (24-hour)
- Tilt Table Testing - Tilt table testing is a specialized tool to evaluate individuals with syncope. This service has become a special resource throughout Central PA.
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)
- Exercise Related Pulmonary Function Testing
Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery Office
Toll Free: 866-CHG-CARE (866-244-2273)
- Thomas K. Chin, M.D., Chief
- Elizabeth Ellen Adams, D.O.
- Vincent P. R. Aluquin, M.D.
- Dennis Chang, M.D.
- Mark H. Cohen, M.D.
- Stephen E. Cyran, M.D.
- Thomas Dispenza, M.D.
- Jason R. Imundo, M.D.
- Michele P. Monaco, M.D.
- Linda B. Pauliks, M.D.
- Nishant Shah, M.D.
- Howard S. Weber, M.D.
- L. Timothy Wolfe, M.D.
- Penn State Hershey Children's Heart Group - 121 Nyes Road, Suite D, Harrisburg
- Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital - 500 University Drive, UPC II, Suite 1100, Hershey
- Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital - Lancaster Outpatient - 2170 Noll Drive, Suite 300, Lancaster
- Penn State Hershey Medical Group York - 25 Monument Road, Suite 160, York