Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Children's Hospital are committed to enhancing the quality of life through improved health, the professional preparation of those who will serve the health needs of others, and the discovery of knowledge that will benefit all.
We are committed to the education of medical and nursing students, basic science graduate students, medical residents and fellows, other students in health-care related professions, and practicing health professionals. We seek to enroll students of exceptional quality, and their education will be based on the present and future health needs of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the nation. Special recognition is given to the education of primary care providers.
Our objective is to provide a range of fully integrated patient care services for the people of central Pennsylvania and beyond. These services will extend from prevention of illness and maintenance of health through primary medical care to the highly sophisticated patient care expected at the nations premier academic medical centers.
We strive to be a national leader in pursuing scientific investigation and developing programs to advance medical and scientific knowledge, which will ultimately contribute to the health of the public, the practice of medicine, and the education of health professionals.
We will provide community outreach services to the public through health education, patient care, community activities, and applications of research.
We endeavor to provide health education to the public. In turn, community support for our research missions fosters clinical applications that positively impact patient care.
- Listen, hear and give credit
- Embrace our diverse backgrounds, talents, and perspectives
- Be compassionate, thoughtful, considerate, and kind
- Be the best you can be, every time
- Have moral courage to ask hard questions of ourselves and others
- Be consistent and fair
- Commit to working together to ensure the best experience for co-workers, patients and trainees
- Share knowledge for the benefit of the team
- Earn the trust of your teammates
- Align personal performance with our mission, vision, values, and strategic imperatives
- Set personal goals and exceed expectations
- Always be solution-focused