Penn State Hershey Colon and Rectal Surgery
At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center our skilled colorectal team provides the most advanced and effective medical care available.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a serious colorectal disease, you want the most advanced and effective medical care available, state-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities, latest drug therapies and leading-edge surgical techniques. At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, our skilled colon and rectal surgeons provide all that and more.
We also provide hope for a full, rewarding life after treatment, by providing the area’s most comprehensive colon and rectal care.
We take the time to help patients understand the complexities of their illness. Our board-certified surgeons specialize in treating patients with complicated colorectal disease, including inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis), colorectal cancer, fecal incontinence and diverticulitis.
IBD: Taking Control of Your Disease
A patient symposium focused on inflammatory bowel disease
Mt. Nittany Medical Center
1800 East Park Avenue, State College, PA 16803
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for an informative evening that may answer many of your questions about inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Everyone who is impacted by IBD, Crohn's disease, or ulcerative colitis is invited to attend—the person with IBD, the family, and doctors who treat this condition. We will present current, pertinent information that will give you the opportunity to take charge of your IBD with your health-care team.
• IBD: What is it, how is it diagnosed, what tests do we use?
• Medical Management of IBD
• Surgical Management of IBD
We want to make you as comfortable as possible. The information in this booklet will help you understand more about what to expect before, during, and after your surgery.
- New Head and Neck Cancer Support Group starts April 27 The head and neck cancer team at Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute will host the inaugural Head and Neck Cancer Support Group from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the University Conference Center, Room 302A, on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- April is National Donate Life Month It’s a fact that one person can save the lives of up to eight others and improve the lives of many more through organ, eye, and tissue donation.More...
- Adult Cochlear Implant Support Group to meet on May 8 May is Better Speech and Hearing Month. Celebrate May by helping people communicate better. The Penn State Hershey Departments of Otolaryngology and Audiology will host the Adult Cochlear Implant Support Group meeting on May 8.More...
- IPM Symposium set for May 16 The 2014 Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine Symposium will be held from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on May 16, bringing together the brightest in the field of personalized and genomic medicine.More...