Penn State Hershey Colon and Rectal Surgery
At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center our skilled colorectal team provides the most advanced and effective medical care available.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a serious colorectal disease, you want the most advanced and effective medical care available, state-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities, latest drug therapies and leading-edge surgical techniques. At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, our skilled colon and rectal surgeons provide all that and more.
We also provide hope for a full, rewarding life after treatment, by providing the area’s most comprehensive colon and rectal care.
We take the time to help patients understand the complexities of their illness. Our board-certified surgeons specialize in treating patients with complicated colorectal disease, including inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis), colorectal cancer, fecal incontinence and diverticulitis.
IBD: Taking Control of Your Disease
A patient symposium focused on inflammatory bowel disease
Mt. Nittany Medical Center
1800 East Park Avenue, State College, PA 16803
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for an informative evening that may answer many of your questions about inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Everyone who is impacted by IBD, Crohn's disease, or ulcerative colitis is invited to attend—the person with IBD, the family, and doctors who treat this condition. We will present current, pertinent information that will give you the opportunity to take charge of your IBD with your health-care team.
• IBD: What is it, how is it diagnosed, what tests do we use?
• Medical Management of IBD
• Surgical Management of IBD
We want to make you as comfortable as possible. The information in this booklet will help you understand more about what to expect before, during, and after your surgery.
- Hershey Community Garden vies for grant in online competition The Hershey Community Garden is a nominee for a grant from Seeds of Change, an organic seed company. In order to win a grant, the Community Garden needs the help of the entire Penn State Hershey community to vote. Click on this link to vote: http://www.seedsofchangegrant.com/TheGallery.aspxMore...
- Special lighting of the Crescent building recognizes upcoming occasions As part of an ongoing effort to reduce energy usage and operate in a more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner, Penn State Hershey installed an LED lighting system to illuminate its signature Crescent building, replacing the original and less efficient facade lighting. This week, the building is lit in blue in honor of National Child Abuse Awareness Month.More...
- Presentation to explore the world of modern day slavery Penn State Hershey will host a presentation by advocacy group Women at Risk Int’l titled “Modern Day Slavery: Trafficking & Exploitation of Vulnerable Women” at noon April 23 in Lecture Room C.More...
- Pinwheel garden set up in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that everyone can play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in the community. Over the last week, new decorations have popped up on the lawn of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...