Recent Peer Reviewed Publications
Our Core Facilities exist to:
- Consolidate expensive technologies
- Provide access to state-of-the-art tools for research
- Coordinate shared resources
- Expand the base of sponsored research by providing a strong research infrastructure.
Click Here to download a complete list of Penn State College of Medicine Institutional Core Facilities, Services, and instruments.
There are currently seven institutional Core Facilities at the College of Medicine, organized as the Section of Research Resources, and located in rooms C1727-C1735, C2705, C3603, C3706, C3707-C3709, C7643, and in the MRI Building. There are also numerous additional Institutional and Departmental Facilities available to researchers at both the Hershey and State College campuses. Visit Other Cores page for more details.
Research Resources' Core Facilities are not affiliated with specific departments, but have a diverse Faculty Advisory Committee which helps staff members develop policy and strategic direction. Core Facilities are accessible to all investigators at the College of Medicine and other PSU campuses at subsidized fee levels, as well as to researchers outside the PSU system at fee levels equal to full costs of analyses.
All Core Facilities are busy, and staff will not always have time to act immediately on walk-in requests, questions, or sample submissions that will require work by staff. Please try to contact facility staff by email to arrange appointments for consultations and sample drop-off. Particularly prior to submission of large numbers of samples or complex samples, please let the appropriate staff know when such samples are anticipated - this allows us to analyze your samples in the most efficient way possible.
Funding for Core Facilities
Funding to create and run the Core Facilities has been provided in part by the following:
- Ben Franklin Partnership
- Institutional Support
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- National Institutes of Health (Shared Instrumentation Grants)
- National Science Foundation
- Penn State Cancer Institute and the Penn State Center for Pharmacogenetics, with funding from the Department of Defense
- Tobacco Settlement Funds
- Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (ABRF)
- American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)