News and Events
Research Resources/Core Facilities:
- A Flow Cytometry Core Users meeting is scheduled for Friday November 21, 2014 at 1:00pm in room C3681. Topics include equipment upgrades, a comparison of instrument capabilities and future workshops and seminars. Refreshments provided.
- The Huck Microscopy and Cytometry Facility (University Park) offers monthly training sessions, with the September 10th session in MSC W-203 from 10-12 including a seminar titled "Introduction to Variable Pressure Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (VP-SEM) and 3View" followed by a demonstration of the equipment.
- The Department of Statistics offered (videoconferenced to Hershey) Stat 597A: Bioinformatics II: Statistical Analysis of Genomics Data in SPRING 2014. Researchers interested in possible viewing of the Mediasite recordings of the course, or in future offerings of the course, should contact Dr. Naomi Altman email@example.com
- Thanks to the Capital Equipment Purchase Program made available by the Office of the Vice Dean for Research & Graduate Studies, the following new equipment is now available to researchers:
QuantStudio Real-Time PCR System & Digital PCR Reader are located in the Genome Sciences Core (C2705) Contact Rob Brucklacher firstname.lastname@example.org for information
14 color LSR Fortessa located in the Flow Cytometry Core (C3603) Contact Nate Sheaffer email@example.com for information
Seahorse XF96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer is located in C2705. Contact Wade Edris firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- The Genomics Core Facility sponsored LifeTech seminars on Digital PCR and RNA SEQ - these were recorded by Mediasite broadcast, and can be viewed from your desktop - link is http://live.libraries.psu.edu/Mediasite/Play/0afb35b533cc4079b9fb0a41c09b7fa01d?catalog=348c4f44-c319-43cf-aa97-b50700fd983
- A Biacore 3000 Surface Plasmon Resonance instrument is now located in room C2705 and available for use. Please see the web page for more info www.pennstatehershey.org/web/core/surface-plasmon-resonance
- Please help us catalogue ALL resources at PSU by adding candidate resources (instruments, services, consultations, unique reagents, virus stocks, plasmids, yeast strains, etc.) to the list at https://wikispaces.psu.edu/x/V-vUB
- May 2012 - Dr. Colin Barnstable's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Live-Cell Confocal Microscope was funded. Congratulations Dr. Barnstable and group!
- April 2012 - Dr. Susan Hafenstein's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new CryoEM Microscope was funded, and institutional funds were added to purchase the new system. Congratulations Dr. Hafenstein and group!