News and Events
Research Resources/Core Facilities:
- April 2015 - Dr Thomas Abraham's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Nikon A1 MP+ Multiphototon Microscope System was awarded. This advanced imaging instrument has deep tissue imaging and fast hybrid scanning capabilities. Congratulations to Dr. Abraham and the Imaging Core Facility!
- Thanks to the Capital Equipment Purchase Program made available by the Office of the Vice Dean for Research & Graduate Studies, the following new equipment is now available to researchers:
QuantStudio Real-Time PCR System & Digital PCR Reader are located in the Genome Sciences Core (C2705) Contact Rob Brucklacher firstname.lastname@example.org for information
14 color LSR Fortessa located in the Flow Cytometry Core (C3603) Contact Nate Sheaffer email@example.com for information
Seahorse XF96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer is located in C2705. Contact Wade Edris firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- The Genomics Core Facility sponsored LifeTech seminars on Digital PCR and RNA SEQ - these were recorded by Mediasite broadcast, and can be viewed from your desktop - link is http://live.libraries.psu.edu/Mediasite/Play/0afb35b533cc4079b9fb0a41c09b7fa01d?catalog=348c4f44-c319-43cf-aa97-b50700fd983
- A Biacore 3000 Surface Plasmon Resonance instrument is now located in room C2705 and available for use. Please see the web page for more info www.pennstatehershey.org/web/core/surface-plasmon-resonance
- Please help us catalogue ALL resources at PSU by adding candidate resources (instruments, services, consultations, unique reagents, virus stocks, plasmids, yeast strains, etc.) to the list at https://wikispaces.psu.edu/x/V-vUB
- May 2012 - Dr. Colin Barnstable's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Live-Cell Confocal Microscope was funded. Congratulations Dr. Barnstable and group!
- April 2012 - Dr. Susan Hafenstein's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new CryoEM Microscope was funded, and institutional funds were added to purchase the new system. Congratulations Dr. Hafenstein and group!