Skip to Content
News and Events
Research Resources/Core Facilities:
- A Functional Neuroimaging course, Visualizing the Brain at Work, is being offered Spring 2014 at University Park. The course will help graduate students gain a basic understanding of MR-based neuroimaging techniques as well as the application of these techniques in addressing current neuroscience research questions. Click here to view the course syllabus.
- Thanks to the Capital Equipment Purchase Program made available by the Office of the Vice Dean for Research & Graduate Studies, the following new equipment is now available to researchers:
QuantStudio Real-Time PCR System & Digital PCR Reader are located in the Genome Sciences Core (C2705) Contact Rob Brucklacher email@example.com for information
14 color LSR Fortessa located in the Flow Cytometry Core (C3603) Contact Nate Sheaffer firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Seahorse XF96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer is located in C2705. Contact Wade Edris email@example.com for information
- The Genomics Core Facility at UP sponsored a seminar entitled "Synergies Between Next-Generation Sequencing and Microarrays" by Dr. Kathy Lee, Translational Specialist, Molecular Diagnostics, Affymetrix Inc on Thursday, May 23 from 2-3 PM. Researchers at Hershey were able to view the seminar live on the web by linking to the Mediasite recording "GENOMICS CORE SEMINAR 5/23/13"
- Another seminar on NANOSTRING technology was held 5/22/13 at 10:30, viewable live on the web. Click here for link
- Shared Instrumentation Grant applications to NIH were submitted for an ABSciex 6500 mass spectrometer and for a Multiphoton Microscope system March 21st 2013.
- May 2012 - Dr. Colin Barnstable's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Live-Cell Confocal Microscope was funded. Congratulations Dr. Barnstable and group!
- April 2012 - Dr. Susan Hafenstein's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new CryoEM Microscope was funded, and institutional funds were added to purchase the new system. Congratulations Dr. Hafenstein and group!