Additional Services and Instruments
Absorbance/Fluorescence Plate Reader
- A Molecular Devices SpectraMax M2 Plate Reader is available in the Functional Genomics Facility in room 3200 in the HCAR building.
- Detection modalities include absorbance (UV-Vis Abs) and fluorescence intensity (FI). The system can read 6- to 384-well microplates.
- Endpoint, kinetic, spectrum and area-well scanning read types allow homogeneous and heterogeneous microplate assays to be performed in one system.
- FEES - $10 fee includes the price of the high-quality optical plate.
- CONTACTS - Rob Brucklacher (email@example.com) or Georgina Bixler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- French Press is available in Room C1732B on a signup basis.
- Please contact Anne Stanley at 531-6087 or by email at email@example.com.
Surface Plasmon Resonance
- SPR is a chip-based technology to measure biomolecular interactions in a label free environment in real-time. As one of the interactants is immobilized to the sensor surface, the others are free in solution and passed over the surface.
- Formation and dissociation are measured in arbitrary units and displayed in a graph called the sensorgram. From this sensorgram, various kinetic parameters can be calculated (ex.on-rates, off-rates and affinities)
- Biomolecular interaction analysis is not limited to proteins. DNA-DNA, DNA-protein, lipid- protein and hybrid systems of biomolecules and non-biological surfaces can be investigated.
- Biomolecular interaction analysis can be used to:
- Identify the binding of two or more interactants to each other
- Determine the strength of binding of the interactions
- Measure the kinetic rates of reaction (actual formation and dissociation rates).
- Quantify the concentration of protein in a complex mixture after binding
A Biacore 3000 SPR instrument is now available for use. The equipment is located in room C2705. Please contact Wade Edris at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve time or for assistance.
Daily Rate*: $120.00
*Most analyses require a day to set up and run. Hourly or weekly rates are also available. Please contact Wade Edris for more information