- Animals - Transgenics, Phenotyping, Imaging
- Research Informatics and Computing
- Flow Cytometry
- Genome Sciences
- Macromolecular Synthesis
- Microscopy and Histology
- Molecular Genetics
- MRI and NMR Facilities
- Proteins and Mass Spectrometry
- Other Institutional Cores
- LabLink: Proteus/Geneus LIMS
- Sample Transport - Shuttle Info
- Additional Services
News & Calendar of Events
Research Resources/Core Facilities:
- The Genomics Core Facility at UP is sponsoring a seminar entitled "Synergies Between Next-Generation Sequencing and Microarrays" by Dr. Kathy Lee, Translational Specialist, Molecular Diagnostics, Affymetrix Inc on Thursday, May 23 from 2-3 PM. If you have an interest in using microarrays in general or to complement next-generation sequencing in your research, plan to watch the webcast. Researchers at Hershey may view the seminar live on the web by linking to "GENOMICS CORE SEMINAR 5/23/13"
Another seminar on NANOSTRING technolgy will be held 5/22/13 at 10:30 and maybe viewed live on the web. Click here for link
- BioTechniques Free Webinar Series - Confocal and Two-photon Microscopy Methods
Our 2nd Microscopy Imaging Symposium was held April 10th, 2013 from 8:30-4:30 at the University Conference Center, with over 100 participants from the CoM, University Park, and seven other Universities. View the Agenda (.pdf)
Shared Instrumentation Grant applications to NIH were submitted for an ABSciex 6500 mass spectrometer and for a Multiphoton Microscope system March 21st 2013.
Imaris 3D-4D Imaging Analysis Software on a high-end graphics computer installed in the Microscopy Imaging Facility March 2013 C1730
BIOINFORMATICS: Big Data Management Symposium College of Medicine Lecture Room D 12-4 March 26th 2013 - register by email at email@example.com
BIOINFORMATICS: Galaxy Workshop I on Illumina Whole Genome Sequence Data Analysis - Berg Auditorium at UP 4-6 PM on March 21 2103. Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Thomas Abraham started as the Director of our Microscopy Imaging Facility March 1st 2013 - Welcome Thomas!
Thanks to all participants for the great Microscopy Imaging Core Open House Wednesday, January 23, 2013
To view Microscopy Imaging Facility brochure (PDF), CLICK HERE
- Renovations to the 1st floor core labs to create a Biomedical Research Imaging Core Facility are completed in C1724-C1730.
- BIOINFORMATICS: Come learn to use Penn State's powerful GALAXY suite of programs for Genetics, NextGen Sequencing, and other bioinformatics applications Jan 18 2013 - REGISTRATION for limited seats by email to email@example.com
- A Biacore 3000 Surface Plasmon Resonance instrument is now located in room C2705 and available for use. Please see the web page for more info www.pennstatehershey.org/web/core/surface-plasmon-resonance
- Please help us catalogue ALL resources at PSU by adding candidate resources (instruments, services, consultations, unique reagents, virus stocks, plasmids, yeast strains, etc.) to the list at https://wikispaces.psu.edu/x/V-vUB
- May 2012 - Dr. Colin Barnstable's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new Live-Cell Confocal Microscope was funded. Congratulations Dr. Barnstable and group!
- April 2012 - Dr. Susan Hafenstein's Shared Instrumentation Grant for a new CryoEM Microscope was funded, and institutional funds were added to purchase the new system. Congratulations Dr. Hafenstein and group!
July 1, 2011 - Dr. Todd Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org) is now available for helping Researchers with Lipidomic and Metabolomic analyses in the Mass Spec Facility.
All research tools and work contributed by our Core Facilities should minimally be acknowledged in any publications. Guidelines for authorship have been established by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors and similar organizations.