Penn State Hershey Clinical Trials Office
Our mission is to enhance, foster, and promote organized high quality clinical research within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. By promoting clinical research, the Clinical Trials Office will help Penn State Hershey Medical Center to meet its mission goals of excellence in patient care, education, research and community service. The Institution is committed to providing world-class patient care with innovative therapies to treat disease, to promote health and wellness, including the option for patient participation in clinical research. As an academic medical center, it is our responsibility to participate in research and make new discoveries to advance the art and science of medicine for future generations.
- Cancer Institute
- Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Critical Care
- General Internal Medicine
- Healthy Volunteers
- Lung Disease/Asthma
- Neuroscience Institute
- Sleep Research
- Women's Health
Protocol Submission and Review Process
An academic health center strives to balance the competing interests of industry, academic researchers, and the public in the development of drugs and devices leading to potential advancements in healthcare. At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (PSHMC), we have developed an integrated Research Support Team that is a critical component for streamlining the regulatory, contractual and financial aspects.
- Office of Technology Development (OTD)
- Human Subjects Protection Office (HSPO/IRB)
- Office of Research Affairs (ORA)
- Department Research Centers & Programs
- Research Development Office (RDO)
- Faculty Research Expertise Database (Profiles)
- Public Health Sciences - Data Management, Biostatistics, Research Computing
The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) is the institutional office that provides administrative support to research staff for non-oncology industry sponsored clinical trials at the Penn State College of Medicine. All industry sponsored clinical protocols should be reviewed by the CTO for institutional and financial feasibility. The office also assists investigators with budget development for grant applications.
If you are inquiring about a cancer clinical trial, please call the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute Clinical Trials Office at 717-531-5471.
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Support Services Building, Room 200 (Building located behind the BMR. Office is on the 2nd floor.)
Penn State Clinical Trials Office
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive, MC: H052, SSB Room 200
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone Number: 717-531-3779
Toll free phone number: 1-866-905-1872
For suggestions or comments about the Penn State Clinical Trials website, please email email@example.com.
- Penn State Hershey honored with two statewide achievement awards Penn State Hershey Medical Center is one of just nine hospitals statewide to be recognized through the Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania’s 2015 Achievement Awards program. The program is designed to honor hospitals and health systems for their innovation, creativity and commitment to patient care.More...
- Van Scoy named Fellow, will advance end of life planning research Dr. Lauren Van Scoy, assistant professor of medicine and humanities, has been named a Parker B. Francis Fellow. She will receive $156,000 over three years for her research project “Evaluating the impact of a conversation game on advance care planning activities.”More...
- Joint Commission and AHA recognize Penn State Hershey's Heart Failure Program Two national organizations have recognized the Heart Failure Program at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center for quality care.More...
- Homeland Security Program graduate put knowledge to use during marathon bombing When Charlotte Palmer Roy graduated from Penn State College of Medicine’s graduate program in homeland security in 2012, she had no idea her new found knowledge would be put to the ultimate test just one year later during the Boston Marathon bombing.More...