Welcome to Penn State Hershey Clinical Trials Office
Our mission is to enhance, foster, and promote organized high quality clinical research within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. By promoting clinical research, the Clinical Trials Office will help Penn State Hershey Medical Center to meet its mission goals of excellence in patient care, education, research and community service. The Institution is committed to providing world-class patient care with innovative therapies to treat disease, to promote health and wellness, including the option for patient participation in clinical research. As an academic medical center, it is our responsibility to participate in research and make new discoveries to advance the art and science of medicine for future generations.
- Cancer Institute
- Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Critical Care
- General Internal Medicine
- Healthy Volunteers
- Lung Disease/Asthma
- Neuroscience Institute
- Sleep Research
- Women's Health
Protocol Submission and Review Process
An academic health center strives to balance the competing interests of industry, academic researchers, and the public in the development of drugs and devices leading to potential advancements in healthcare. At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (PSHMC), we have developed an integrated Research Support Team that is a critical component for streamlining the regulatory, contractual and financial aspects.
- Office of Technology Development (OTD)
- Human Subjects Protection Office (HSPO/IRB)
- Office of Research Affairs (ORA)
- Department Research Centers & Programs
- Research Development Office (RDO)
- Faculty Research Expertise Database (Profiles)
- Public Health Sciences - Data Management, Biostatistics, Research Computing
The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) is the institutional office that provides administrative support to research staff for non-oncology industry sponsored clinical trials at the Penn State College of Medicine. All industry sponsored clinical protocols should be reviewed by the CTO for institutional and financial feasibility. The office also assists investigators with budget development for grant applications.
If you are inquiring about a cancer clinical trial, please call the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute Clinical Trials Office at 717-531-5471.
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Support Services Building, Room 200 (Building located behind the BMR. Office is on the 2nd floor.)
Penn State Clinical Trials Office
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive, MC: H052, SSB Room 200
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone Number: 717-531-3779
Toll free phone number: 1-866-905-1872
For suggestions or comments about the Penn State Clinical Trials website, please email email@example.com.
- Newborn Weight Tool created through Children’s Miracle Network support Dr. Ian Paul knows the importance of Children’s Miracle Network first hand. Through its funding, he helped create a tool for health care providers to determine whether a breastfed newborn is losing too much weight during the first few days of life.More...
- The Medical Minute: Knowing when infant tummy troubles may be serious Spitting up and occasional constipation are unfortunate -- yet normal -- facts of life for most infants. While those symptoms are seldom cause for concern, there are several more serious -- albeit rare -- warning signs that can be present in the first hours and days of life that can indicate any of a number of congenital conditions.More...
- Center for the Protection of Children receives $6K donation Representatives from Metro Bank visited the Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children on May 7 to deliver a check representing proceeds from a recent Dress-Down Day Friday fundraising campaign.More...
- Comics and Medicine: Helping med students form their professional identities Reading and creating health-themed comics helps medical students transition from laypersons to physicians, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis at Penn State College of Medicine.More...