Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology
"Our Missions are our Purpose"
Patient Care: Give the highest level of care to our patients.
Education: Recruit, train, and retain the best faculty, residents, medical and graduate students.
Research: Be a nationally recognized leader in research.
Community Service: Partner with our neighbors to improve skin health.
Penn State Hershey Dermatology Practices now open in both Mt. Joy and Camp Hill
Beginning March, 2013, Dr. James Marks, Penn State Dermatology, will begin seeing patients at our new Mt. Joy location in the Giant Shopping Center on Route 230.
Dr. Todd Cartee is currently seeing patients at our new location at the Market Street Camp Hill location. Beginning July 2013 other physicians will also join him seeing patients on Wednesdays. General dermatology services will care for children and adults with rashes or growths including acne, eczema, psoriasis, warts, and skin cancers. You can call 717-531-6802 to request an appointment at either our Mt Joy or Camps Hill locations.
Thomas A. Davidowski, M.D. joined our State College-Colonnade practice on January 2, 2013. Tom is board certified by the American Academy of Dermatology. He comes to Penn State Hershey Medical Group of State College from Dermatology Associates of Central Pennsylvania where he has been in private practice since 1989. His training includes receiving his M.D. degree from The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine; he did an Internal Medicine internship at Lehigh Valley Hospital Center and his Dermatology resident training at the University of Virginia Medical Center. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Davidowski please call our State College, Colonnade Office at 814-272-4445.
Dr. Joslyn S. Kirby has been awarded the 2013 Clinical Career Development Award in Health Care Policy/Public Health provided through the Dermatology Foundation.
Dr. Andrea L. Zaenglein has been presented a Presidential Citation in recognition of her contributions to Camp Horizon. She will receive the award on March 1, 2013 at the Academy of Dermatology's annual meeting in Miami, FL.
Dr. Todd V. Cartee was selected to receive a 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award for his manuscript titled "How Many Sections Are Required to Clear a Tumor?: Results from a Web-Based Survey of Surgery margin Thresholds in Mohs Micrographic Surgery"
Dr. Jeffrey J. Miller has been selected to receive a 2012 Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching! The awards ceremony will take place September 21 at 4:00 PM in the Junker Auditorium.
Dr. David Baird, our incoming resident for July 2012, has been recognized with the success of "Kiss Hershey Back."
Dr. Jeffrey Miller has been appointed to serve as secretary for the Atlantic Dermatological Conference which was held this past April 2012.
Penn State Dermatology scored above the 90th percentile in Patient Satisfaction. Several of our physician's scored above 90, most in the 99th percentile for patient satisfaction. Click here for the list.
- Recruiting a skin cancer surgeon, a cosmetic dermatologist, a pediatric dermatologist, and a physician-scientist.
- Initiating a Chair’s endowment.
- Expand from nine to twelve dermatology residents.
- Support education with the Hassel, Lookingbill, and Schragger endowments.
- Enhance our residents' future practice in any setting with leadership training.
- Start clinician-educator and dermatologic surgery fellowships (post-residency training).
- Recruiting a physician scientist to enhance our NIH-funded skin disease research.
- Build our Dermatology Research Endowment with J & T Accessory Sales, our annual Food and Wine Event, and individual donations.
- Support Dr. Thiboutot's laboratory with the Professor of Dermatology Endowment.
- Continue innovative clinical research which takes discovery from the lab to the patient.
- Collaborate with investigators at University Park in skin cancer research.
- Increase clinic space in University Physicians Center: a bridge to a new building.
- Add a third skin cancer surgeon, and a cosmetic dermatologist.
- Expand care with open access and evening clinics.
- Explore practice opportunities in State College.
- Promote sun protection for the general public to prevent skin cancer.
- Volunteer at the Bethesda Mission, annual skin cancer screening, alopecia areata and psoriasis support groups, and Camp Horizon.
- Increase our communication and alignment via our Community Advisory Board.
A tax-deductible contribution to the Department of Dermatology Endowment Fund is an everlasting gift benefiting the Department, both at the present time and in the future. Penn State Hershey Dermatology has four interrelated missions: education, research, patient care, and community service. Click here to learn more about our giving opportunities.
- Inspirational student stories put spotlight on College of Medicine Class of 2013 More than 200 medical and graduate students earned their degrees from Penn State College of Medicine this past weekend. Via Penn State Medicine magazine online, read three of their stories and view photos from the commencement ceremony.More...
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...