Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- Penn State Health honey entered into Farm Show contest This year -- for the first time -- Penn State Health entered its own honey in the annual Pennsylvania State Farm Show apiary contest.More...
- Nurses provide flu shots at the Farm Show Penn State Health partnered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to supply 2,500 doses of the flu shot for Farm Show week.More...
- Seed grants available for faculty to develop Integrative Studies Gen Ed courses The Penn State Office for General Education is pleased to announce an opportunity for faculty interested in developing a new Integrative Studies General Education course.More...
- The Medical Minute: Despite low profile, Zika remains a high concern Even though the Zika virus hasn’t been in the news as much lately, it remains a serious public health concern.More...