Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
On October 29, 2013 Penn State Hershey Dermatology clinic received an award for Medical Group Outstanding Patient Satisfaction scoring above the 90th percentile.
Dermatology Physicians scoring above the 90th percentile nationwide for 2012-2013 are:
- Jennie Clarke, M.D., James G. Marks, M.D., Christie Travelute, M.D., and Andrea Zaenglein, M.D.
Dermatology Physicians scoring above the 75th to 90th percentile nationwide for 2012-2013 are:
- Bryan Anderson, M.D., Thomas Davidowski, M.D., Sara Ferguson, M.D., Jeffrey Miller, M.D., and Diane Thiboutot, M.D.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- The Medical Minute: Poison ivy affects some people more than others Three-quarters of the population will get an itchy red rash if exposed to the urushiol oil inside poison ivy’s leaves, stem and roots -- but one-quarter of people will not have any reaction to exposure.More...
- St. Joseph Regional Health Network now part of Penn State Health Penn State Health and Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) have completed the transfer of ownership of CHI’s affiliate, St. Joseph Regional Health Network (St. Joseph) in Reading, Pennsylvania, to Penn State Health.More...
- Zhang and Alloway receive collaborative grant to study neural systems Nanyin Zhang, associate professor of biomedical engineering in the Penn State College of Engineering, and Kevin Alloway, professor of neural and behavioral science at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, have received one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine.More...