Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn State Hershey Dermatology - Patient Care
Our central Pennsylvania dermatologists are the providers of choice among residents in central Pennsylvania. More than 40,000 patient visits occurred at offices in Hershey, Harrisburg, and State College. Over the last few years, we improved access with additional appointments, evening clinic hours, and an innovative open access clinic for acute problems.
Our specialty services include patch testing for skin allergies, advanced evaluation of hair and scalp disorders, interpretation of skin pathology, occupational dermatology, acne treatment, UVL therapy, lasers and biologic infusions for psoriasis, and cosmetic procedures.
The department is nationally recognized for superb academic clinicians, as evidenced by our faculty being included among the Best Doctors in America national database. A leader in patient satisfaction, we are one of the highest ranked clinics for patient satisfaction within the Medical Center, Pennsylvania Dermatologists, and nationally.
View some of our videos with our dermatology specialists at Penn State Hershey who discuss skin cancer on the rise, skin cancer removal, keeping your skin safe during the summer, as well as our education, mission, vision and values.
Patient Care – The reward of healing
- 3 faculty members scored in the top 10 percentile in Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction.
- 11 of the faculty were recognized in Best Doctors in America.
- Patient Visits: UPC – 31,080; State College – 15,086; Camp Hill – 1,292; Cancer Institute – 894; Plastic Surgery – 55; Pediatrics Specialty Clinic – 291; Nyes Road – 7,229; Mount Joy – 715; Palmyra – 738; Total patient visits: 57,380
- Skin pathology cases: In-Hospital: 10,501; Outside: 6,952 Total: 17,453
- Children’s Hospital partners in statewide psychiatry consultation program Penn State Children’s Hospital was recently selected to serve central and northeast Pennsylvania as a partner in a new PA HealthChoices program, called the Telephonic Psychiatric Services Program, or TiPS. The Children’s Hospital will offer peer-to-peer child psychiatry consultation teams to primary care providers (PCPs), medical specialists and other prescribers of psychotropic medications for children.More...
- The Medical Minute: When to get a second opinion Getting a second opinion for a medical condition isn’t quite the same as cheating on your hairstylist. In fact, when it comes to complex or serious, life-threatening conditions, most doctors encourage second opinions.More...
- Broach receives lifetime achievement award James Broach, distinguished professor and chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Penn State College of Medicine, has received a Yeast Genetics Meeting Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions in the field of yeast genetics and outstanding community service.More...
- Zebrafish help researchers study human genes While a popular fixture of home aquariums, zebrafish have become a popular and important tool for studying human disease. The fish have more in common with humans than meets the eye, and provide an effective and efficient way to study genes. Perhaps nowhere in central Pennsylvania is that more apparent than at Penn State College of Medicine’s newly constructed Zebrafish Functional Genomics Core.More...