Pennsylvania Dermatologists - Penn Hershey Dermatology
We Do the Research in Dermatology
Penn State Hershey Dermatology is dedicated to expanding our knowledge about many dermatological conditions by doing research in the laboratory, as well as in the clinic. We are involved in many exciting research studies so that we can have the most up-to-date information and treatments for our patients. Learn More >>
Our Research Mission
Be a nationally recognized leader in research by:
- Growing our clinical research
- Recruiting a physician researcher to advance our knowledge of skin disease and treatment
- Increasing our Dermatology Research Endowment Funds in order to support our research mission
- Expanding collaborative research with investigators at Penn State - University Park
- Developing research initiatives on quality of healthcare delivery in dermatology
Fast Facts in Research
- 19 sponsored clinical studies (14 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 51 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $32,000 for basic science research.
- Taste of Tango raised over $900 for Dermatology Educational and Research Endowments
- Dr. Todd V. Cartee received the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery's 2012 Young Investigators Writing Competition Award and the Research Award.
- 11 sponsored clinical studies (9 industry sponsored and 5 investigator initiated).
- 69 peer-reviewed publications featured in national/international journals.
- Annual Food and Wine Event raised over $29,000 for basic science research.
- Sun screen usage at Hershey Park.
For more information on advances in research at Penn State College of Medicine, please read our newsletter.
The 7th Annual Dermatology Research Conference will be held November 19, 2015, 12:30 - 4:00 pm, UPC II, 4200
- Program to help children cope with cancer diagnoses When children hear that parents or grandparents have been diagnosed with cancer, they may feel frightened, discouraged and confused. CLIMB (Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery), a free, four-week program at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, is designed to help children ages five to 13 cope when someone they love has cancer by encouraging discussion and creativity. The next session of CLIMB begins on Feb. 18 and will meet on four consecutive Wednesdays.More...
- Penn State Hershey to observe American Heart Month Penn State Hershey Medical Center has several events planned for February in observation of American Heart Month.More...
- Spin for THON activities set for Feb. 21 The Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center invites the community to participate in Spin for THON on Saturday, Feb. 21. Cyclists can sign up for a 50-minute cycle ride.More...
- Driving for a Cure Tournament raises $12,000 for Cancer Institute The Seventh Annual Driving for a Cure Kenneth F. Noel Memorial Golf Tournament was held on Sept. 13, 2014 at Flatbush Golf Course in Littlestown. The latest tournament raised $12,000 for Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute.More...