A Message from the CEO and Dean
Thank you for your interest in Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. For more than 40 years we have taken great pride in offering the very best health care to the people of central Pennsylvania. We have and continue to rely on support from our donors to help us fulfill our important missions in education, research, patient care, and community service.
Thanks to the gifts we receive:
- Our scientists are on the forefront of research, translating groundbreaking discoveries into revolutionary new treatments to save lives.
- Our advanced facilities enable our physicians, surgeons, nurses, and hospital staff to provide world-class care to you and your family.
- We offer unparalleled service and the most highly specialized care to our region’s children and their families. With the opening of our new Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, we now provide that exceptional care in a state-of-the-art facility designed with the needs of children and families in mind.
- We are educating the next generation of health care professionals, researchers, and scholars who will shape the future of medicine and health care in Pennsylvania and around the globe.
I hope you will consider making a gift today. Your support of Penn State Hershey will help accelerate discovery and shape the future of health care. Every gift is important, regardless of the amount.
Harold L. Paz, M.D., M.S.
Chief Executive Officer, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System
Senior Vice President for Health Affairs, Penn State Dean, Penn State College of Medicine
Your Gifts Make The Difference
2011-2012 Donor Recognition Report
Across Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, it's easy to see how your gifts clearly make a difference in the lives of patients, families, physicians, faculty, students, and staff in meaningful, life-changing ways.
The impact of your gifts is the unbreakable thread that weaves throughout our institution as we accelerate scientific discovery, develop novel treatments, and educate future generations of physicians, researchers, and scholars. It is evidenced in thousands of patients, their lives transformed by doctors who could not have attended medical school without the help of a scholarship. It inspires the faculty to educate and mentor those who will shape the future of health care. Generations will live longer and healthier lives, finding hope for themselves and their loved ones, all because of your gifts.
The pages and videos that follow highlight the generous donors whose passion and commitment to Penn State Hershey support our life-saving work and inspire us each day.
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...