For the Future: The Campaign for Penn State Hershey Medical Center was launched in 2010. To date, we are nearly 75% towards meeting our $300,000,000 goal. Campaign gifts from alumni, friends, grateful patients, and community partners enhance and strengthen Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. These gifts help:
- Ensure Student Opportunity through scholarship support to help offset a portion of our medical and graduate students’ debt. Last year’s graduating medical class faced an average debt of more than $180,000.
- Enrich the Student Experience by funding programs that take place outside of the classroom and create an environment that fosters global involvement, community service, creative expression, and personal growth.
- Build Faculty Strength and Capacity to enable dedicated teachers and scholars at every stage of their careers to develop and share new knowledge.
- Foster Discovery and Creativity that advances our understanding of conditions like heart disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and all forms of cancer, to develop better treatments, and hopefully cures.
- Sustain a Tradition of Quality to ensure that all our programs remain on the leading edge of health care and serve as national models in education, research, patient care and community outreach.
More than 40 years ago, gifts from private philanthropy established what is now the Penn State Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine. Those gifts have transformed health care for central Pennsylvania. Today, private philanthropy is critical to help us create a healthier tomorrow for the people in our communities.