Penn State Hershey Department of Emergency Medicine
As Chair, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our Emergency Medicine web-portal at Penn State Hershey. I sincerely hope that you find these web-pages useful and informative. We are dedicated and proud to provide the best possible patient care, respecting the individual's background and needs. We endeavor to provide evidence based education and decision making. We believe that innovation is strongly linked to improvements in patient care and research findings. Daily, we are involved in our community through our dedicated Life Lion Emergency Medical Services staff in their provision of care and safe transport. We see ourselves as team members, importantly linked to our Nursing, technical and support staff, in all that we do clinically. Details on our academic missions of teaching and research include pages for the medical student interest group, EM residency training, fellowships, faculty, and programmatic efforts in our clinical research foci. My thanks for viewing our pages and if you have any thoughts you would like to share, please send me an email: email@example.com
Celebrating 25 Years of Saving Lives
- Blades to Bunkers Life Lion Benefit Golf Tournament - Monday, August 26, 2013. Click here for details.
- For more than twenty-five years, Penn State Hershey Life Lion Critical Care Transport has been saving lives in central Pennsylvania and beyond. Since the first patient flight in December 1986, more than 30,000 patient transports have been completed, and the team of twenty-three employees has grown to nearly 70 pilots, nurses, paramedics and support staff. Watch our team in action.
- As Penn State Hershey Life Lion Critical Care Team celebrates twenty-five years, Read more on how the flight team reflects on how medical air services have changed and what's ahead.
Penn State Hershey Emergency Medicine is committed to:
- Providing the highest quality, efficient and compassionate care to our patients and our community;
- Advancing the knowledge base of Emergency Medicine and care outcomes through clinical excellence, research and scholarship and;
- Educate and train the future leaders in Emergency Medicine
- Caring - we embrace sensitivity to the well-being of patients, families and staff;
- Excellence - we strive for the highest quality of care for all patients;
- Growth - we share a personal and organizational commitment to professional development and life long learning;
- Respect - we value the dignity, autonomy and worth of individuals of all backgrounds;
- Timeliness - we strive for expeditious evaluation and treatment, while maintaining the highest possible quality;
- Teamwork - we are committed to work together towards common goals through effective communication, collaboration, tolerance of variation in ideas, and the assumption of responsibility and accountability for the actions and decisions required by one's role
Every minute counts in the care of acutely ill and injured patients. Life Lion's Critical Care medical teams save not only precious time, but also deliver specialized care and treatment. Click here to learn more.
Penn State Hershey Life Lion EMS is committed to providing the community, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and the region, with easy access to quality, efficient, out-of-hospital care in a professional, compassionate, and caring environment. Click here to learn more.
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...