Penn State Hershey Department of Emergency Medicine
Please join us in welcoming Susan B. Promes, MD as professor and chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Promes was previously professor and vice chair for education in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Promes has received numerous awards and honors for excellence in teaching, leadership and service. She is active in professional groups including the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine and the American College of Emergency Physicians; she also serves on the ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Review Committee. Her academic interests include team training, bedside teaching, medical errors, and clinical guidelines; her research focuses on medical education and faculty development with a current emphasis on evaluation of learners.
Welcome Dr. Promes!
Penn State Hershey Emergency Medicine is committed to:
- Providing the highest quality, efficient and compassionate care to our patients and our community;
- Advancing the knowledge base of Emergency Medicine and care outcomes through clinical excellence, research and scholarship and;
- Educate and train the future leaders in Emergency Medicine
- Caring - we embrace sensitivity to the well-being of patients, families and staff;
- Excellence - we strive for the highest quality of care for all patients;
- Growth - we share a personal and organizational commitment to professional development and life long learning;
- Respect - we value the dignity, autonomy and worth of individuals of all backgrounds;
- Timeliness - we strive for expeditious evaluation and treatment, while maintaining the highest possible quality; Teamwork - we are committed to work together towards common goals through effective communication, collaboration, tolerance of variation in ideas, and the assumption of responsibility and accountability for the actions and decisions required by one's role
Every minute counts in the care of acutely ill and injured patients. Life Lion's Critical Care medical teams save not only precious time, but also deliver specialized care and treatment. Click here to learn more.
Penn State Hershey Life Lion EMS is committed to providing the community, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and the region, with easy access to quality, efficient, out-of-hospital care in a professional, compassionate, and caring environment. Click here to learn more.
- Subhankar Bandyopadhyay, MD, Associate Professor
- Christopher J. DeFlitch, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair Clinical Operations, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Michelle A. Fischer, M.D., Assistant Professor, Director of Research, Director 3rd Year Student Clerkship
- Glenn K. Geeting, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair of Hospital Quality
- Manual Hernandez, M.D., Associate Professor
- C. James Holliman, M.D., Professor
- Lawrence E. Kass, M.D., Professor, Vice Chair for Academics
- Joseph Kearns, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Brian Kipe, MD., Associate Professor
- Jeffrey S. Lubin, M.D., Associate Professor, Life Lion Division Chief
- Steven A. Meador, M.D., Associate Professor, Medical Director, Life Lion EMS
- Chadd Nesbit, MD, Assoc. Medical Director, Life Lion, CCT & EMS
- J. Elizabeth Neuman, D.O., Assistant Professor
- Robert P. Olympia, M.D., Associate Professor
- Susan B. Promes, M.D., Professor, Chair, and Interim Residency Program Director
- Lilia Reyes, MD, Assistant Professor
- D. Robert Rodgers, M.D., Assistant Professor, Director Emergency Ultrasonography
- Gail S. Rudnitsky, M.D., Associate Professor, Director ED/PEDS Division
- Kimberly R. Scholfield, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Colby M. Shirk, M.D., Assistant Professor, 4th-Year Student Clerkship Director
- Christopher L. Stark, D.O., Assistant Professor, Emergency Department Medical Director
- Christopher C. Vates, M.D., Assistant Professor, Assistant Medical Director
- Travis D. Watson, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Elizabeth Werley, M.D., Assistant Professor, Associate Residency Program Director
- Wendy Wilcoxson, DO, Assistant Professor
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
- The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...
- Penn State Hershey has solid foundation for improving diagnosis While national attention is being drawn to the issue of inaccurate or delayed medical diagnoses, Penn State Hershey has been actively addressing issues that can lead to diagnostic errors with programs from medical education through to the clinic.More...