Penn State Hershey Department of Emergency Medicine
Please join us in welcoming Susan B. Promes, MD as professor and chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Promes, who joined Penn State Hershey in July 2014, was previously professor and vice chair for education in the Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Promes has received numerous awards and honors for excellence in teaching, leadership and service. She is active in professional groups including the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine and the American College of Emergency Physicians; she also serves on the ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Review Committee. Her academic interests include team training, bedside teaching, medical errors, and clinical guidelines; her research focuses on medical education and faculty development with a current emphasis on evaluation of learners.
Welcome Dr. Promes!
Penn State Hershey Emergency Medicine is committed to:
- Providing the highest quality, efficient and compassionate care to our patients and our community;
- Advancing the knowledge base of Emergency Medicine and care outcomes through clinical excellence, research and scholarship and;
- Educate and train the future leaders in Emergency Medicine
- Caring - we embrace sensitivity to the well-being of patients, families and staff;
- Excellence - we strive for the highest quality of care for all patients;
- Growth - we share a personal and organizational commitment to professional development and life long learning;
- Respect - we value the dignity, autonomy and worth of individuals of all backgrounds;
- Timeliness - we strive for expeditious evaluation and treatment, while maintaining the highest possible quality; Teamwork - we are committed to work together towards common goals through effective communication, collaboration, tolerance of variation in ideas, and the assumption of responsibility and accountability for the actions and decisions required by one's role
Every minute counts in the care of acutely ill and injured patients. Life Lion's Critical Care medical teams save not only precious time, but also deliver specialized care and treatment. Click here to learn more.
Penn State Hershey Life Lion EMS is committed to providing the community, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, and the region, with easy access to quality, efficient, out-of-hospital care in a professional, compassionate, and caring environment. Click here to learn more.
- Subhankar Bandyopadhyay, MD, Associate Professor
- Isabel J. Brea, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Christopher J. DeFlitch, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair Clinical Operations, Chief Medical Information Officer
- Michelle A. Fischer, M.D., Assistant Professor, Director of Research, Director 3rd Year Student Clerkship
- Glenn K. Geeting, M.D., Associate Professor, Vice Chair of Hospital Quality
- Kent Harkey, MD, Assistant Professor
- Manual Hernandez, M.D., Associate Professor
- C. James Holliman, M.D., Professor
- Lawrence E. Kass, M.D., Professor, Vice Chair for Academics
- Joseph Kearns, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Brian Kipe, MD., Associate Professor
- Greg Lasala, M.D., Assistant Professor
- James M. Leaming, M.D., Associate Professor
- Jeffrey S. Lubin, M.D., Associate Professor, Life Lion Division Chief
- Steven A. Meador, M.D., Associate Professor, Medical Director, Life Lion EMS
- J. Elizabeth Neuman, D.O., Assistant Professor
- Robert P. Olympia, M.D., Associate Professor
- Susan B. Promes, M.D., Professor, Chair, and Interim Residency Program Director
- Lilia Reyes, MD, Assistant Professor
- D. Robert Rodgers, M.D., Assistant Professor, Director Emergency Ultrasonography
- Gail S. Rudnitsky, M.D., Associate Professor, Director ED/PEDS Division
- Kimberly R. Scholfield, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Colby M. Shirk, M.D., Assistant Professor, 4th-Year Student Clerkship Director
- Christopher L. Stark, D.O., Assistant Professor, Emergency Department Medical Director
- Christopher C. Vates, M.D., Assistant Professor, Assistant Medical Director
- Travis D. Watson, M.D., Assistant Professor
- Elizabeth Werley, M.D., Assistant Professor, Associate Residency Program Director
- Amy Wyatt, D.O., Assistant Professor
- Penn State Hershey appoints new chief financial officer Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has selected Stephen Massini to serve as the medical center’s new chief financial officer, effective April 20.More...
- The Medical Minute: Endometriosis is real -- and it’s treatable Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose, with women often being told for years that they are experiencing their "normal period," and according to the Endometriosis Foundation of America, it affects one in 10 women. Penn State Hershey gynecological surgeon Gerald Harkins is working to get the word out that women with endometriosis do not have to suffer.More...
- Penn State Hershey patient to serve as 2015-16 CMN Hospitals Champion Nine-year-old Caden Capitani of Hershey, a patient at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, has been named the 2015-16 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for Pennsylvania.More...
- OSLER at Penn State Hershey accepting scholarship applications The Office for Scholarship in Learning and Education Research (OSLER) at Penn State College of Medicine invites faculty members to apply for the second annual Scholarship in Education Award.More...