How to Apply
All applications to the Visiting Student Program for M.D. Students are submitted through the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS), a service provided by the AAMC.
Penn State College of Medicine's 4th Year Elective Catalog is available in VSAS. Earliest date visiting students can apply to Penn State College of Medicine.
Earliest Date notifications are sent to visiting students through VSAS. Once the placement of our students is complete, we begin to notify visiting students of application decisions on a block-by-block basis.
Requirements for the Visiting Medical Student Application:
- A $75 non-refundable processing fee for each four-week elective, made payable to Penn State University. If you are applying to two different courses, you must submit a check for each individual elective.
- Verification of personal health and general liability insurance. General liability limits must be at least $1 million per occurrence/ $3 million aggregate.
- A completed immunization form.
- An official transcript including core clinical clerkship grades.
- A copy of USMLE Step I Examination or COMLEX results.
- Documentation of Universal Precautions training (verified by a statement from the parent medical school).
Visiting medical students are responsible for obtaining their own housing, food and transportation. For further information, you may contact our campus housing office at 717-531-8210 or visit the Penn State Hershey Housing web site.
For any further questions, please contact us at:
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Department of Emergency Medicine
500 University Drive- MC: HO43
Hershey, PA 17033