The research mission currently has the following volunteer opportunities available to medical students:
- Emergency Medicine IT partnership
- Penn State College of Medicine Medical Student Research Program
- Work study program through Penn State University
Current research ongoing with students and volunteers through Penn State Hershey Emergency Medicine include:
1. Garel B, Leaming J. AED GIS mapping in south Central Pennsylvania.
2. Swartzentruber G, Terndrup T, Leaming J. 911 surveys for hands only CPR.
3. Shedlock A, Geeting G, DeFlitch C. Effects of hospital nurse staffing shortages on ED flow.
4. Squillante C, Geeting G, DeFlitch C, Kass L. Door to doctor time as a measure of ED flow.