Welcome to Penn State Hershey Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Penn State Hershey Endocrinology and Diabetes evaluates adult patients with a variety of glandular and metabolic problems such as thyroid, parathyroid, diabetes, gonadal, pituitary and adrenal diseases. We evaluate and treat patients with osteoporosis and other metabolic diseases and help adult patients with diabetes manage the disease. Surgery to treat a particular endocrinology disease is performed by trained surgeons with full support from a medical endocrinologist, Core Endocrine Laboratory and radiology services.
The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism offers a two-year fellowship training program leading to Board Certification in Endocrinology and Metabolism and clinical competence in all areas of endocrinology and metabolic diseases. Teaching is provided through a busy outpatient referral practice in Endocrinology and Diabetes and an active inpatient service. The Division provides an unusually integrated approach to training by effective utilization of patients and faculty members in Surgery, OB/GYN, Nuclear Medicine, and Pathology in addition to the core faculty from the department of Medicine. Clinical research opportunities are provided throughout the training program with research topics encompassing the entire scope of endocrine disease.
The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism continues to pursue its multiple missions of research, education and patient care.
- Diabetes Playbook
We're focused on Reinventing Diabetes Care™. One of the ways we are reaching this goal is by hearing what our patients have to say. When our patients asked for an easy way to keep track of their diabetes care, the Diabetes Playbook was made. Not only does the book offer tips on how to manage diabetes from people who treat diabetes, it offers tips from people who live with diabetes every day. The Diabetes Playbook was a Gold winner in the 24th Annual Healthcare Marketing Advertising Report Awards, recognized for its effective way of delivering its diabetes education message.
We also received the Allene Von Son Award from the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) for the Diabetes Playbook. This award, sponsored by the Bayer Corporation, recognizes diabetes educators and programs that have developed original, outstanding, and effective patient education tools.
The Playbook provides up-to-date information about diabetes and its management.
- Download a free, printable copy of the Diabetes Playbook.
- You can order up to 2 professionally printed, hard copies of the Diabetes Playbook at no cost. Click here to complete the Diabetes Playbook order form online. We welcome any questions, comments or suggestions that you may have regarding our Diabetes Playbook. Please forward your comments to Diabetes_Institute@hmc.psu.edu.
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities has helped to support our Diabetes Playbook.
- The Medical Minute: Simple steps can lead to safe sleep for infants The number of infants who die each year from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) has decreased in recent decades as awareness of safe sleeping habits has increased. Yet each year, babies still die from sudden, unexplained causes.More...
- Tickets on sale for Children's Miracle Ball on Nov. 22 The 25th annual Miracle Ball will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Hershey Lodge. The ball begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction followed by dinner, dancing and entertainment provided by Honey Pump.More...
- Tickets available for Neiman Marcus Fashion Show on Dec. 5 at Hotel Hershey Children's Miracle Network's annual Neiman Marcus Fashion Show returns Dec. 5 to the Hotel Hershey. This elegant runway show and luncheon benefits the children and families of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Comics in illness the topic of the next First Fridays Lecture The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine will welcome Katie Green to the November First Fridays Lecture, “SHOW AND TELL: The Power of Comics in Illness,” at noon Nov. 7 in Room C2860.More...