Many factors combine to distinguish the Penn State Eye Center's Ophthalmology Residency Program as a leader in Ophthalmology resident education:
- Our association with Penn State University and the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the leading academic medical center in central Pennsylvania;
- Our faculty of full-time ophthalmologists with expertise in all of the subspecialty areas in Ophthalmology;
- Our program size allows for ample opportunities to interact on a one-to-one basis with faculty;
- Our patient population is interested in joining with faculty and residents to optimize their health care; and
- Our commitment to provide the best in clinical and surgical education through direct patient care and a variety of innovative and effective educational programs.
This is a three-year residency program. We currently train three residents at each PGY level. Residents entering the program must have successfully completed a post-graduate clinical year (PGY-1) in a program accredited by the ACGME or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.