Promotion policy and procedures for fixed-term (non-tenure-track) faculty members in the College of Medicine may be found in each Department in the College of Medicine. These policies and procedures are aligned with Penn State University HR-23. Fixed-term faculty members are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with these policies, timetables for review, review criteria, and procedures.
Note that fixed-term faculty members are reviewed using the same general criteria as those for tenure-track faculty members. For fixed-term faculty members there is no fixed timetable for promotions, however, a minimum of five years in rank is recommended. Promotion recommendations are made by the Department and reviewed by the Dean; the College Promotions and Tenure Committee does not review these recommendations, and there is no University-level review.
- College of Medicine Promotion and Tenure: Statement of the Dean of the College of Medicine (Rev. June 2012)
- Update of Promotion and Tenure Procedures at the College of Medicine for Academic Year 2015-2016
- HR-23: Administrative Guidelines for Promotion and Tenure Procedures and Regulations
- HR 23 - Policy: Promotion and Tenure Procedures & Regulation
- Frequently Asked Questions about Promotion and Tenure
Ask your Department for its policy.
- Fixed term (Non-tenure Track) Promotion Deadlines
- Promotion Deadlines for Fixed term Instructor and Research Assistant Faculty Members
Information for Candidates
- Guidelines for Candidates
- External Evaluators
- Sample Letter sent to External Evaluators
- Patient Care Evaluators
Dossier Forms and Dividers
- Dossier Forms and Dividers
(Note: you may be prompted to provide your PSU user id and password to access the forms)