General Surgery Academic Year 2016/2017
Rachel E. Andrew, M.D.
Class Year: PGY-4
Hometown: Amarillo, Texas
Memberships/Societies: Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons
Interests: Tennis, playing the harp, traveling
Honors/Leadership Positions/Awards: 2015 and 2016 Arthur P. Gold Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award. Resident inductee into AOA.
Undergraduate: The University of Texas at Austin
Medical School: UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Inpatient Salvage Therapy with Infliximab is Ineffective at Preventing Colectomy for Steroid-Dependent Pan-Ulcerative Colitis . Poster presentation at ASCRS 2016.
- Rachel Andrew, Gwendolyn Luecke, Susan Dozier, and Dayna Diven. Pilot Study of the Efficacy of Tobramycin-Dexamethasone Ointment in Promoting Wound Healing. Dermatology and Therapy; 2012;2(12).
- Rachel Andrew, Seckin Ulualp, Korgun Koral, Dinesh Rakheja, Ronald Deskin. Cervical Foregut Duplication Cyst: A Rare Neck Mass. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology Extra 2012;7(3):159-61.
- John Andrew and Rachel Andrew. The Story of a West Texas Girl: Leora Andrew. Panhandle Health. 2012;22(2):12.
- Rachel Andrew, Susan Dozier, Susan Baer, Dayna Diven. The Importance of Flow Cytometry in Diagnosing an Atypical Presentation of Merkel Cell Carcinoma. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 2013;40(3): 354-355.
- Rachel E. Andrew MD, Audrey L. Stokes MD, Evangelos Messaris MD, PhD, FACS, Frances J. Puleo MD. Efficacy of Fiber Monotherapy as Initial Treatment for Fecal Incontinence Patients. Poster Presentation. ASCRS Annual Meeting 2015.
- Andrew RE, Juza RM, Rogers AM, LynSue JR, Haluck RS, Pauli EM. Abdominal Wall Reconstruction Utilizing XCM Biologic Tissue Matrix. Poster Presentation. Sages Annual Meeting 2014.
- Andrew RE, Vattipally V, Goyal V, Juza RM, Rogers AM, Haluck RS, Pauli EM, LynSue JR¿Laparoscopic Repair of Traumatic Diaphragmatic Hernia: Case Series. Open Forum Presentation. ¿Minimally Invasive Surgery Week. September 11, 2014
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.