General Surgery Academic Year 2016/2017
Audrey L. Stokes, M.D.
Class Year: Academic Development Year 2
Memberships/Societies: Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons
Awards/Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Omega Alpha, Gold Humanism Honor Society, Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award
Hometown: Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Hobbies: cooking, spending time with friends and family
Memberships/Societies: American College of Surgeons, Resident and Associate Society, Association for Academic Surgery, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Academic Mentor: Dr. Chris Hollenbeak
Undergraduate: Franklin and Marshall College
Medical School: Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Surgical outcomes research in colorectal patients
- Kulaylat AN, Schubart JR, Stokes AL, Bhayani NH, Wong J, Kimchi ET, Staveley-O'Carroll KF, Kaifi JT, Gusani NJ. Overall survival by pattern of recurrence following curative intent surgery for colorectal liver metastasis. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2014 Aug 21 (Epub ahead of print). PMID: 25146500.
- Kulaylat AN, Bhayani NJ, Stokes AL, Schubart JR, Wong J, Kimchi ET, Staveley-O'Carroll KF, Kaifi JT, Gusani NJ. Determinants of repeat curative intent surgery in colorectal liver metastasis. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2014 Jun 21 (Epub ahead of print). PMID: 24950776.
- Kulaylat AN, Stokes AL, Engbrecht BW, McIntyre JS, Rzucidlo SE, Cilley RE. Traumatic bile leaks from blunt liver injury in children: A multidisciplinary and minimally invasive approach to management. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2014 Mar;49(3):424-427. PMID: 24650470.
- Colley RB, Feldman JL, Driggers CM, Bundy TA, Stokes AL, Karplus PA, Mehl RA. Structural basis of improved second-generation 3-nitro-tyrosine tRNA synthetases. Biochemistry. 2014 Apr; 53(12):1916-24.
- Kulaylat AN, Stokes AL, Saunders BD. Cystic lesions of the adrenal gland. The American Surgeon. 2013 Nov;79(11):1224-1226. PMID: 24165264.
- Matsushima K, Kulaylat AN, Won EJ, Stokes AL, Shaefer EW, Frankel HL. Variation in the management of adolescent patients with blunt abdominal solid organ injury between adult versus pediatric trauma centers: an analysis of a statewide trauma database. Journal of Surgical Research. 2013 March 16. Epub ahead of print.
- Franco MC, Ye Y, Refakis CA, Feldman JL, Stokes AL, Basso M, Fernandez de Mera RM, Sparrow NA, Calingasan NY, Kiaei M, Rhoads TW, Ma TC, Grumet M, Barnes S, Beal MF, Beckman JS, Mehl R, Estevez AG. Nitration of Hsp90 induces cell death. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2013 Mar 19;110(12):E1102-11.
- Stokes AL, Alhamad T, Abendroth CS, Farag HA, Verma N. An unexpected presentation: minimal change disease in an adult with treatment-naïve hepatitis C. International Urology and Nephrology. 2012 Sep 22. Epub ahead of print.
- Peeler JC, Woodman BF, Averick S, Miyake-Stoner SJ, Stokes AL, Hess KR, Matyaszewski K, Mehl RA. Genetically encoded initiator for polymer growth from proteins. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2010 Oct 6; 132(39): 1375-7.
- Stokes AL, Miyake-Stoner SJ, Peeler JC, Nguyen DP, Hammer RP, Mehl RA. Enhancing the utility of unnatural amino acid synthetases by manipulating broad substrate specificity. Molecular Biosystems. 2009 Sep:5(9):1032-8.
- Stokes AL, Tice S, Stoma Nurses, Puleo FJ, Koltun W. Institution of a Preoperative Stoma Education Group Class Decreases Rates of Peristomal Complications in New Stoma Patients. Presentation at American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Conference, June 2015.
- Quintero OA, Unrath WC, Moore JE, Stokes AL, Yengo CM. Intermolecular autophosphorylation regulates Myo3A activity and localization in parallel actin bundles. Presentation at American Society for Cell Biology Conference, December 2010.
- Stokes AL, Blevins J, Hess KR, Mehl RA. Monitoring changes in human serum ganglioside profiles via HPLC/MS to aid in diagnosis and treatment of ganglioside synthase deficiencies. Presentation at American Chemical Society Conference, March 2009.
- Peeler JC, Stokes AL, Mehl RA. Utilizing synthetase promiscuity to site-specifically incorporate new photo-crosslinking unnatural amino acids. Presentation at American Chemical Society Conference, March 2009.
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.