General Surgery Academic Year 2014/2015
Kristen T. Crowell, M.D.
Hometown: Garland, Texas
Memberships/Societies: Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons, Association for Academic Surgery, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, American Society of Nutrition
Interests: Running, reading, cycling
Undergraduate: University of Texas at Austin
Medical School: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Colon & Rectal Surgery
Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Surgical Nutrition, Sepsis, Sarcopenia
- Crowell KT, Julian KG, Katzman M, Berg AS, Koltun WA, Messaris E. Compliance with Clinical Guidelines is the Most Important Prognostic Factor in Patients with Clostridium difficile Infection. Pennsylvania Colon and Rectal Society Resident Research Night, Philadelphia, PA March 13, 2015.
- Crowell KT, Kelleher SL, Soybel DI, Lang CH. Mild zinc deficiency augments increased TNF-a expression but not decreased muscle protein synthesis after acute sepsis. Experimental Biology, Boston, MA, March 29,2015.
- Crowell KT, Kelleher SL, Soybel DI, Lang CH. Mild Zinc Deficiency Impairs the Recovery Phase of Sepsis. American College of Surgeons October 7, 2015.
- Crowell KT, Winder JS, Wilson MZ, Messaris E. To What Extent is Surgical Performance Influenced by Obesity in Single-Site Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Surgery? American College of Surgeons October 8, 2015.
- 5. Sheffield KM, Crowell KT, Lin YL, Djukom C, Goodwin JS, Riall TS. Surveillance of pancreatic cancer patients after surgical resection. Ann Surg Oncol 2012; 19(5): 1670-7.
- Crowell KT, Julian KG, Katzman M, Berg AS, Koltun WA, Messaris E. Compliance with Clinical Guidelines in the Most Important Prognostic Factor in Patients with Clostridium difficile Infection. 2015 American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, June 2015.
- Crowell KT, Chesnut CH 3rd, Ring AC, Zimmerman LA, Loser M, Law KC, Merry C, Houlihan C, Miller A, Miller L, Quintili A, Steckel TE, Resnick AS. An Interdisciplinary Approach to Preventing Venous Thromboembolism. 2015 AAMC Integrated Quality Meeting, Rosemont, IL, June 2015.
- Crowell KT, Kelleher SL, Soybel DI, Lang CH. Mild Zinc Deficiency Alters Sepsis-Induced Cytokine Release. PSU Resident/Fellow Research Day, Hershey, PA, May 2015.
- Crowell KT, Shannon SL, Soybel DI, Lang CH. Mild Zinc Deficiency Augments Increased TNF-a Expression but not Decreased Muscle Protein Synthesis after Acute Sepsis. 13th Annual Data & Dine, Postdoctoral Research Night, Hershey, PA, February 2015.
- Steiner JL, Crowell KT, Kimball SR, Lang CH. Deletion of REDD1 Ameliorates Sepsis-Induced Decrease in Muscle Protein Synthesis but has Divergent Effects on Proteolytic Signaling. Experimental Biology 2015 Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, March 2015.
- Crowell KT, Kulaylat AN, Schubart JR, Messaris E. Are Patient Directed Measures of Quality Predictive of Outcomes in Colorectal Surgery? Keystone American College of Surgeons, 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Hershey, PA, November 2014.
- Crowell KT, Tice S, Chesnut C, Messaris E. The Penn State Hershey Surgical Stay: A cost effective way to safely reduce hospital stay. Keystone American College of Surgeons, 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Hershey, PA, November 2014.
- Hyatt B, Crowell KT. Hurricane Ike Remembrance Project. Southern Group on Educational Affairs Annual Conference 2009, New Orleans, LA, March 2009.
- Crowell KT, Hughes RA, Ellington AD. Constructing a Cell-Free Translation System for Protein Evolution in vitro. Undergraduate Research Forum 2007 at University of Texas, Austin, TX, April 2007.
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.