General Surgery Academic Year 2014/2015
Joshua S. Winder, M.D.
Hometown: Logan, Utah
Memberships/Societies: Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons
Interests: Cooking, shooting, movies
Undergraduate: Brigham Young University
Medical School: University of Michigan
Endoscopic surgery, abdominal wall reconstruction
- Winder JS, Pauli EM. Book chapter entitled: Common Bile Duct Stones: ¿Health Care Problem and Incidence to Management of Common Bile Duct Stones, edited by Jeffrey W. Hazey, Darwin Conwell, and Gregory Guy (in press). ¿
- Winder JS, Pauli EM. Comprehensive management of full thickness GI defects: the next frontier of gastrointestinal endoscopy. World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2015 Jul 10;7(8):758-68.
- Wilson MZ, Winder JS, Pauli EM. Book chapter entitled: Open parastomal hernia repair. To Atlas of Hernia Repair, edited by Yuri Novitsky (in press). ¿
- Winder JS, Pauli EM. Book chapter entitled: Open parastomal hernia repair. Atlas of abdominal wall reconstruction, edited by Michael J Rosen (in press)
- Oral video presentation at ACS, Chicago October 2015, Title: Complete Endoscopic Management of Acute Iatrogenic Transverse Colon Injuries from a Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube, Authors: Joshua S. Winder MD1, Ryan M. Staszak MD1, Eric M. Pauli MD1
- Oral video presentation at ACS, Chicago October 2015, Title: Preventing Parastomal Hernias: The Preperitoneal Approach, Authors: Joshua S. Winder, Zachary A. Gregg, Eric M. Pauli, Evangelos Messaris
- Poster presentation at ACS, Chicago October 2015, To What Extent is Surgical Performance Influenced by Obesity in Single-Site Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Surgery?, Kristen T. Crowell MD1, Joshua S. Winder MD1, Matthew Z. Wilson MD1, David B. Stewart, MD, FACS, Evangelos Messaris MD, Ph.D, FACS2
- Winder JS, Pauli EM. A novel method for open parastomal hernia¿repair. Podium presentation at the First World Conference for Abdominal Wall Hernia Surgery, Milan, Italy, April 2015. ¿
- Winder JS, Pauli EM, Haluck RS. Laparoscopic repair of a left-sided paraduodenal hernia. Oral video presentation at SAGES in Nashville, TN, April 2015 ¿
- Winder JS, Kulaylat AN, Schubart JR, Hal HM, Pauli EM. Management of gastrointestinal defects using the over the scope clipping (OTSC) system: a retrospective review of one institution's experience. Podium presentation at SAGES in Nashville, TN, April 2015 ¿
- Behar B, Juza RM, Jackson T, Winder JS, Michelotti B, Potochny J, Pauli EM. (2014) Transversus Abdominis Release for Abdominal Wall Reconstruction: Early Experience with a Novel Technique. Poster presentation at Keystone ACS in Hershey, PA in October 2014. ¿
- Winder JS, Juza RM, Sasaki J, Diarra C, Gulfaraz S, Rogers AM, Pauli EM, Haluck RS, Estes SJ, LynSue JR (2014). Implementing a robotic curriculum in an academic general surgery training program: our initial experience. Poster presentation presented at Clinical Robotic Surgery Association Worldwide Conference; San Francisco, CA October, 2014 as well as Keystone ACS in Hershey, PA. ¿
- Matthew Z. Wilson MD MS, Joshua S. Winder MD, Luke Piper BS, Evangelos Messaris MD PhD, Eric M. Pauli MD. Retromuscular Repair of Parastomal Hernias with Transversus Abdominis Release; A single Center Experience with a Novel Technique. Video presentation at ASCRS in Boston May 2015.
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.