Hometown: Beirut, Lebanon
Memberships/Societies: Association for Academic Surgery, Association for Surgical Education, Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons, Education Committee RAS-ACS, Communications Committee RAS-ACS
Honors/Awards: Vice-Chair Education Committee RAS-ACS, Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award, Alpha Omega Alpha, Gold Humanism Honor Society, Phi Beta Kappa
Academic Development Time: Division of Outcomes, Research and Quality, Masters of Science in Public Health Sciences
Interests: Basketball, soccer, volleyball, hiking, video games, cooking, photography
1. A.N. Kulaylat, A.L. Stokes, B.W. Engbrecht, J.S. McIntyre, S.E. Rzucidlo, R.E. Cilley. Traumatic bile leaks from blunt liver injury in children: A multidisciplinary and minimally invasive approach to management. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. (Accepted, In Press).
2. A.N. Kulaylat, A.L. Stokes, B.D. Saunders. Cystic Lesions of the Adrenal Gland. The American Surgeon. (Accepted, In Press).
3. A.N. Kulaylat, S. Sahajwani, K.F. Staveley-O'Carroll, J.T. Kaifi. Reconstructive Options for Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma following Roux En Y Gastric Bypass. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2013 Aug 26. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23988286.
4. K. Matsushima, A.N. Kulaylat, E.J. Won, A.L. Stokes, E.W. Schaefer, H.L. Frankel. Variation in the management of adolescent patients with blunt abdominal solid organ injury between adult versus pediatric trauma centers: an analysis of a statewide trauma database. Journal of Surgical Research. 2013 Aug;183(2)808-813. PMID: 23590865.
5. A.N. Kulaylat, F. Zheng, S. Kuy, J.G. Bittner IV. Early surgical subspecialization: A new paradigm? Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons. 2013 Aug; 98(8):43-49.
6. R. C. Sun, A.N. Kulaylat, S.B. Grant, J. Emamaullee. Improved communication techniques enable residents to provide better care now and in the future. Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons. 2013 Aug; 98(8):26-32.
7. H. Polavarapu, A.N. Kulaylat, S. Sun, O. Hamed. 100 Years of Surgical Education: The Past, the Present and the Future. Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons. 2013 Jul; 98(7):22-27. PMID: 24010218.
8. A.N. Kulaylat, D. Pastor, M.C. Santos. Pediatric Isolated Pancreatic Transection Secondary to Ocean Related Trauma. Journal of the Pancreas. 2013 Mar; 14(2):203-206. PMID: 23474570.
9. A.N. Kulaylat, J.G. Tice, M. Levin, A.R. Kunselman, S.T. Methratta, R.E. Cilley. Reduction of Radiation Exposure in Pediatric Patients with Trauma: Cephalic Stabilization Improves Adequacy of Lateral Cervical Spine Radiographs. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2012 May; 47(5):984-990. PMID: 22595586.
1. B.C. James, A.N. Kulaylat, B.D. Saunders. A Rare Soft Tissue Tumor Masquerading as a Parathyroid Adenoma with Multiple Cervical Endocrinopathies. Oral Presentation. 58th Clinical Meeting of the Frederick A. Coller Surgical Society 2012, Annapolis, MD.
2. K. Matsushima, A.N. Kulaylat, E. Wos, A.L Stokes, H. Frankel. Variation in the management of adolescent patients with blunt abdominal solid organ injury: an analysis of a statewide trauma database. Poster Presentation. 4th Annual Penn State University College of Medicine Resident/Fellow Research Day, Hershey, PA.
3. A.N. Kulaylat, J.G. Tice, M. Avneri, A.R. Kunselman, D.K. Boal, R.E. Cilley. Reduction of Radiation Exposure: Cephalic Counter-Traction (CCT) Improves Adequacy of Lateral Cervical Spine Radiographs in Pediatric Trauma Patients. Oral Presentation. Canadian Association of Paediatric Surgeons 2011 Annual Meeting. Ottawa, Canada.
4. A.N. Kulaylat, P. Hagan, I. Deshaies, E.T. Kimchi, J.T. Kaifi, K.F. Staveley-O'Carroll, N.J. Gusani. Repeat Curative Intent Surgery for Colorectal Liver Metastasis – Aggressive Multi-Disciplinary Management Allows Excellent Outcomes. Mini-Oral Presentation. American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association 2011 Annual Meeting, Miami, FL.
5. A.N. Kulaylat, S. Gardner. Disruption of sec15 impairs glutamate receptor localization at the Drosophila melanogaster neuromuscular junction. Poster Presentation. Dickinson College Biology Symposium, Carlisle, PA.