General Surgery Academic Year 2016/2017
Zeynep Bostanci, M.D.
Hometown: Ankara, Turkey
Memberships/Societies: Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons, Association for Academic Surgery, American Society for Nutrition (ASN)
Awards/Honors: International Society for Research in Human Milk and Lactation (ISRHML) and the Lactation Research Interest Section (RIS) Travel Award for Experimental Biology (EB) Meeting, April 2013, Boston, MA; American Society for Nutrition (ASN), 2013 Postdoctoral Research Award Competition Finalist, April 2013, Boston, MA
Interests: Yoga, spending time with my dog, traveling
Medical School: Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
Breast cancer pathogenesis; dysregulation of zinc metabolism in breast cancer
- Bostanci Z, Mack RP Jr, Lee S, Soybel DI, Kelleher SL. Paradoxical zinc toxicity and oxidative stress in the mammary gland during marginal dietary zinc deficiency. Reprod Toxicol. 2015.
- Bostanci Z, Alam S, Soybel DI, Kelleher SL. Prolactin receptor attenuation induces zinc pool redistribution through ZnT2 and decreases invasion in MDA-MB-453 breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2014.
- Bostanci Z., Mack Jr R.P., Enomoto L.M., Alam S., Brown A.R., Neumann C., ., Soybel D.I., Kelleher S.L. Marginal Zinc Deficiency Abrogates the Protective Effect of Lactation on Mammary Gland Carcinogenesis in a DMBA-induced Tumor Model in Mice. Int. Journal Of Oncology (In Review, August 2015)
- Bostanci Z., Alam S., Soybel D.I., Kelleher S.L., Prolactin Receptor Attenuation Induces Zinc Pool Redistribution and Decreases Invasion, October 2014, International Istanbul Breast Cancer Conference, Istanbul, Turkey
- Bostanci Z., Enomoto L.M., Mack Jr. R.P., Alam S., Soybel D.I., Kelleher S.L Marginal Zinc Deficiency Abrogates the Protective Effect of Lactation against Breast Cancer in a Mouse Model, October 2013, American College of Surgeons, Washington D.C.
- Bostanci Z., Dempsey C., Mack Jr. R.P., Soybel D.I., Kelleher S.L., Marginal zinc deficiency impairs ductal growth and alveologenesis in mammary glands leading to compromised secretory function, April 2013, Experimental Biology, Boston, MA
- Bostanci Z., Alam S., Soybel D.I., Kelleher S.L.: Dysregulation of Zinc Metabolism as a Marker of Phenotypic and Functional Change in Breast Cancer Cells, October 2012, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL
- Tokalak I., Yilmaz H., Ergun G, Bostanci Z., Kut A., Erdal R., Haberal M.: Can a Training Program Enhance the Knowledge of Housewives on Organ Donation and Transplantation a Cross-Sectional Survey in Turkey. October 2005, 14th Congress of the European Transplant Coordinators Organization; Geneva, Switzerland
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.