General Surgery Academic Year 2014/2015
Matthew Z. Wilson, M.D.
Medical School: Jefferson Medical College
- Wilson MZ, Connelly TM, Hollenbeak CS, Messaris E. Organ space infection after ileocolectomy for Crohn's disease: a National Surgical Quality Improvement Project study. Am J Surg. 2014 Jun 27. pii: S0002-9610(14)00270-0. doi: 10.1016/j.amjsurg.2014.04.010. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wilson MZ, Connelly TM, Tinsley A, Hollenbeak CS, Koltun WA, Messaris E. Ulcerative Colitis Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Venous Thromboembolism in the Postoperative Period: The Results of a Matched Cohort Analysis. Ann Surg. 2014 Jun 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wilson MZ, Dillon PW, Hollenbeak CS, Stewart DB. How do risk factors for mortality and overall complication rates following laparoscopic and open colectomy differ between inpatient and post-discharge phases of care? A retrospective cohort study from NSQIP. Surg Endosc. 2014 Jun 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wilson MZ, Soybel DI, Hollenbeak CS. Operative Volume in Colon Surgery: A Matched Cohort Analysis. Am J Med Qual. 2014 Mar 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Schaefer EW, Wilson MZ, Goldenberg D, Mackley H, Koch W, Hollenbeak CS. Effect of marriage on outcomes for elderly patients with head and neck cancer. Head Neck. 2014 Mar 4. doi: 10.1002/hed.23657. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wilson MZ, Hollenbeak CS, Stewart DB. Laparoscopic colectomy is associated with a lower incidence of postoperative complications than open colectomy: a propensity score-matched cohort analysis. Colorectal Dis. 2014 May;16(5):382-9. doi: 10.1111/codi.12537.
- Wilson MZ, Deeter D, Rafferty C, Comito MM, Hollenbeak CS. Reduction of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Population. Am J Med Qual. 2013 Nov 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Michelotti BF, Brooke S, Mesa J, Wilson MZ, Moyer K, Mackay DR, Neves RI, Potochny J. Analysis of clinically significant seroma formation in breast reconstruction using acellular dermal grafts. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 Sep;71(3):274-7. doi: 10.1097/SAP.0b013e3182923dc9.
- Stewart DB, Hollenbeak CS, Wilson MZ. Is colectomy for fulminant Clostridium difficile colitis life saving? A systematic review. Colorectal Dis. 2013 Jul;15(7):798-804. doi: 10.1111/codi.12134. Review.
- Wilson MZ, Hollenbeak CS, Stewart DB. Impact of Clostridium difficile colitis following closure of a diverting loop ileostomy: results of a matched cohort study. Colorectal Dis. 2013 Aug;15(8):974-81. doi: 10.1111/codi.12128.
- Wilson M, Rosato EL, Chojnacki KA, Chervoneva I, Kairys JC, Cohn HE, Rosato FE Sr, Berger AC. Prognostic significance of lymph node metastases and ratio in esophageal cancer. J Surg Res. 2008 May 1;146(1):11-5. Epub 2007 Aug 28
1. Wilson MZ, Rosato EL, Chojnacki KA, Chervoneva I, Kairys JC, Cohn HE, Rosato FE, Berger AC. February 2007 (Poster). Prognostic Significance of Lymph Node Metastases and Ratio in Esophageal Cancer. 2nd Academic Surgical Congress, Phoenix, AZ.
2. Tomasko JM, Santos MC, Boltz MM, Gunn JS, Miller C, Wilson M, Puopolo L, Han D, Dillon P. Penn State Hershey Medical Center's SCORE Experience. (Poster) 2012 Surgical Education Week by the Association for Surgical Education. San Diego, CA
3. Wilson MZ, Deeter D, Rafferty C, Comito MM, Hollenbeak CS. Attributable Costs of Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections in a Pediatric Hematology Oncology Population. Association for Professionals in Infection Control, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 6/2013
4. Wilson MZ, Deeter D, Rafferty C, Comito MM, Hollenbeak CS. Reduction of Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection in a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Population. Association for Professionals in Infection Control, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 6/2013
5. Wilson MZ, Case Volume and Outcomes After Colectomy: The Results of a Matched Cohort Analysis. Grand Rounds, Dept of Surgery, PSU-COM, Hershey, PA 6/20/13
6. Wilson MZ, Dillon PW, Stewart DB, Hollenbeak CS. Laparoscopic Colectomy Provides for a Lower Incidence of Postoperative Infections Compared to Open Colectomy: a Retrospective Cohort Study Using NSQIP. ACS NSQIP, San Diego, CA 7/2013
7. Wilson MZ, Dillon PW, Hollenbeak CS, Stewart DB. Laparoscopic Colectomy is Associated with Lower Mortality and Serious Complication Rates than Open Colectomy; A Retrospective Cohort Study from NSQIP. ACS NSQIP, San Diego, CA 7/2013
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.