General Surgery Academic Year 2014/2015
James (Stephen) Gunn, M.D
Hometown: Decatur, AL (Home of America's First Wave Pool!)
Memberships/Societies: American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Resident and Associate Society of the American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association
Awards/Honors: Training Program in Trauma and Organ Injury, National Institutes of Health T32 Award (T32 GM-64332). Trainee July 2009 – June 2011; Gold Humanism Honor Society.
Academic Development Time: Division of Plastic Surgery Lab: Wound Healing and Tendon Repair
Interests: Golf, Soccer, softball, hiking, snow-boarding, wakeboarding, canoeing
Undergraduate: Auburn University
Medical School: University of South Alabama – College of Medicine
General Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
1. Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. Evidence Translocation of Collagen Fibril Segments Plays a Role in Early Intrinsic Tendon Repair. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2012 Feb;129(2):300e-6e.
1. Gunn JS. Collagen Fibril Segments in Tendon Repair. Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Department of General Surgery - Grand Rounds. Hershey, PA, June 16, 2011.
2. Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. Mechanism for the Translocation of Collagen Fibril Segments During Intrinsic Tendon Repair. The Plastic Surgery Research Council 55th Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA, May 25, 2010.
3. Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. Intrinsic Tendon Repair by the Translocation of Collagen Fibril Segments. Resident/Fellow Research Day. Hershey, PA, March 19, 2010.
4. Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. A Model for Demonstrating Intrinsic Tendon Repair by the Translocation of Collagen Fibril Segments. Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons - 56th Annual Scientific Meeting. Hershey, PA, March 6, 2010.
5. Tomasko JM, Santos MC, Boltz M, Gunn JS, Wilson MZ, Puopolo L, Han D, Dillon P. Penn State Hershey Medical Center's SCORE Experience. The Association for Surgical Education Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA, March 20-24, 2012.
6. Moyer K, Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. The Role of Gap Junction Intracellular Communication during Collagen-Fibroblast Interactions in Wound Repair. Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons – 28th Annual Meeting, Amelia Island, FL, October 20-23, 2011.
7. Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. Translocation and Accumulation of Collagen Fibril Intermediates in Intrinsic Tendon Repair. Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgeons - 57th Annual Scientific Meeting. White Sulphur Springs, WV, June 3, 2011.
8. Gunn JS, Ehrlich HP. Collagen Fibril Intermediates Translocation and Accumulation in Intrinsic Tendon Repair. Resident/Fellow Research Day. Hershey, PA, March 18, 2011.
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.