Penn State Hershey General Surgery
One of our goals is to develop leaders in clinical surgery and to provide the optimal academic surgical environment for patients, residents and staff.
General Surgery provides inpatient and outpatient care for patients with benign and malignant conditions of the:
- Alimentary Tract (Gastrointestinal or G.I.)
- Diseases of the Pancreas, Biliary Tree and Liver
- Diseases of the Breast, Skin and Soft Tissue
- Head and Neck (mostly tumors)
- Vascular System (blood vessels)
- Surgical Oncology (cancer)
- Comprehensive Management of Trauma
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Treatment for patients with obesity problems also is provided in conjunction with an endocrinologist, psychiatrist and nutritionist.
- Scientists get best view yet of cancer-causing virus HPV New details of the structure of the human papillomavirus (HPV) may lead to better vaccines and HPV anti-viral medications, according to studies led by a Penn State College of Medicine researcher.More...
- Forbes' 30 Under 30 list recognizes Penn Staters as change-makers Forbes’ annual 30 Under 30 is strong with blue and white on the 2017 list.More...
- The Medical Minute: Joint cracks and pops usually not cause for concern It’s not unusual for your body to make “popping” or “cracking” sounds as you lean over, twist or reach for something. Fortunately, it’s also typically not a cause for worry.More...
- Ribbon cutting for Employee Health and Wellness Center held Jan. 16 Penn State launched a new initiative for employee health and wellness on Jan. 16 with a ribbon-cutting event for the Penn State Employee Health and Wellness Center, scheduled to open in mid-February on the University Park campus.More...