Read and subscribe to the new GI Report blog
Penn State Hershey Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in GI news. Penn State Hershey GI Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Penn State Hershey Joins International Pediatric Quality Improvement Program
- Expanding the Role of Medical Simulation Technology in Medical Student Training
- Digestive Health Update
- Defining the Role of Intestinal Macrophages in Adaptive Immune Responses, Inflammation, and Dysmotility
Summer 2013 articles
- Thromboembolism Prophylaxis is Under-prescribed in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Patients
- Innovative and Minimally Invasive Techniques for Pancreatic Cyst Ablation and Cancer Prevention
- New Developments in the Rapidly Evolving Landscape of Hepatitis C Therapy
- Basic Research at Penn State Hershey Places Pancreatic Cancer Prevention on the Horizon
The Medical Minute: Some thoughts about organics and 'superfoods'
Winter has worn out its welcome. People are eagerly looking forward to the warm weather, getting outside, and indulging once again in fresh, local produce. As consumers inundated with choices, we often wonder what’s the best food to purchase -- to go organic or not.More...
Penn State Hershey IBD experts to host event at Penn State York
In an effort to help patients in the York County area living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, in the rehearsal room of the Pullo Performing Arts Center on the Penn State York campus.More...
Annual vascular ultrasound conference set for May 17
On Saturday, May 17, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute will host an educational program focused on vascular ultrasound for health care providers.More...
Nurse recognized for commitment to patient safety
Rachel Yadrnak, a pediatric hematology/oncology nurse at Penn State Hershey, has been recognized by the Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority. She is one of 10 statewide winners of the “I Am Patient Safety” poster campaign for her commitment to patient safety at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...