Penn State Gastroenterology & Hepatology offers the following links to enhance your web experience and knowledge of conditions and treatments of the digestive system and liver.
COLON CANCER SCREENING:
- Understanding bowel preparation for colonoscopy
- Understanding colonoscopy
- Video (what to expect from a colonoscopy)
- Barrett's esophagus
- Understanding upper endoscopy (EGD)
- Video (what to expect from an upper endoscopy)
IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME / FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS:
Podcast - The importance of colorectal cancer screenings
Colorectal cancer is a leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, yet it is curable when detected early. In this edition of Sound Health, Dr. Thomas McGarrity, chief of gastroenterology and hepatology at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, talks about risk factors for colorectal cancer as well as screening techniques.