We are pleased to provide a variety of services to healthcare professionals. Our web site is just one of them. Through the site you can access our medical library, clinical information, career opportunities and educational opportunities. We welcome your participation in our mission to provide world-class healthcare to the people of our communities.
MD Network 800-233-4082
Currently handling 60,000 calls annually, the Penn State MD Network at Penn State Hershey Medical Center provides a single point where physicians can conveniently obtain a consultation, make a referral or learn about a patient's condition. Reach us by calling 800-233-4082.
To transfer any patient via LifeLion air or ground, please contact our dispatcher directly at 717-531-7777.
Patient Inquiries - Patients should call 800-243-1455 for information and appointments.
Important PSHMC GI-Hepatology Phone and Fax Numbers
Hospital to Hospital Transfers: Call MD Network at 717-531-5880 or 800-233-4082
PSHMC GI Clinic Appointments: 717-531-1441
GI Doctor to Doctor Discussion Line: To discuss an urgent or high risk case, call 717-531-8521 to have the requested physician paged or hold the line. If requested physician is unavailable, have the GI or Hepatology Attending-on-Call paged.
PSHMC General Endoscopy: Fax the Open Access Endoscopy Request Form to 717-531-0263 or call 717-531-8364.
PSHMC Interventional (Therapeutic) Endoscopy: Fax Endoscopy Request Form and summary records for disposition to 717-531-4598 or call Eileen at 717-531-1470.
General questions or contact: GI academic office at 717-531-5052
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center Nurse Navigator: 717-531-3998
Read and subscribe to the new GI Report blog
Penn State Hershey Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in GI news. Penn State Hershey GI Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Summer 2013 articles
- Thromboembolism Prophylaxis is Under-prescribed in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Patients
- Innovative and Minimally Invasive Techniques for Pancreatic Cyst Ablation and Cancer Prevention
- New Developments in the Rapidly Evolving Landscape of Hepatitis C Therapy
- Basic Research at Penn State Hershey Places Pancreatic Cancer Prevention on the Horizon
Winter 2013 articles
- Treatment-resistant Chronic Constipation: Sign of an Underlying Motility Disorder
- Cancer Genetics Program Expands as Universal Screening for Lynch Syndrome Considered
- Coordinated GI Cancer Care from Diagnosis to Long-term Survival
- Tackling Difficult Pediatric Feeding Problems: A "Whole Child" Approach
Summer 2012 articles
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection and Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection: Minimally Invasive Techniques for Resecting GI Mucosal Tumors
- Addressing Patient Nutritional Needs in Complex Abdominal Surgery and Intestinal Failure
- Identifying Gene Expression Profiles Linked to Cancer Development in Barrett's Esophagus
- Keys to a Successful Live Donor Adult Liver Transplant Program
Physicians - if you need further assistance with Power Chart Outreach OR Mpage Reach accounts, please contact us at: Connected@hmc.psu.edu
- Note: PowerChart Outreach has been replaced by Mpage Reach. To access the new Mpage Reach application, go to Mpage Reach Login, and enter your user ID and password.
Patients - please click here to contact us.