Read and subscribe to the new GI Report blog
Penn State Hershey Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in GI news. Penn State Hershey GI Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2013 articles
- Treatment-resistant Chronic Constipation: Sign of an Underlying Motility Disorder
- Cancer Genetics Program Expands as Universal Screening for Lynch Syndrome Considered
- Coordinated GI Cancer Care from Diagnosis to Long-term Survival
- Tackling Difficult Pediatric Feeding Problems: A "Whole Child" Approach
Summer 2012 articles
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection and Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection: Minimally Invasive Techniques for Resecting GI Mucosal Tumors
- Addressing Patient Nutritional Needs in Complex Abdominal Surgery and Intestinal Failure
- Identifying Gene Expression Profiles Linked to Cancer Development in Barrett's Esophagus
- Keys to a Successful Live Donor Adult Liver Transplant Program
We are pleased to provide a variety of services to healthcare professionals. Our web site is one of them. Through the site you can access our medical library, clinical information, career opportunities and educational opportunities. We welcome your participation in our mission to provide world-class healthcare to the people of our communities.
For Referring Physicians
Currently handling 60,000 calls annually, the Penn State MD Network at Penn State Hershey Medical Center provides a single point where physicians can conveniently obtain a consultation, make a referral or learn about a patient's condition. Reach us by calling our toll-free number at 800-233-4082.
To transfer any patient via LifeLion air or ground, please contact our dispatcher directly at 717-531-7777.
Patients should not call this number. If you are a patient, please call 800-243-1455.
Please check out our newest release of our Referring Physician Publication.
Physicians - if you need further assistance with Power Chart Outreach OR Mpage Reach accounts, please contact us at: Connected@hmc.psu.edu
- Note: PowerChart Outreach has been replaced by Mpage Reach. To access the new Mpage Reach application, go to Mpage Reach Login, and enter your user ID and password.
Patients - please click here to contact us.