Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy
Penn State Hershey Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the interventional endoscopy group offers a full spectrum of advanced endoscopic procedures from standard procedures such as ERCP, to innovative and "outside-the-box" type procedures. The five members of this group (Drs. Thomas McGarrity, Charles Dye, Abraham Mathew, Matthew Moyer and Raquel Davila) represent the highest level of training and expertise in therapeutic endoscopy available. The procedures offered include but are not limited to:
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound) with high yield techniques for tissue acquisition if needed
- EMR (Endoscopic Mucosal Resection) of limited gastrointestinal tumors and large polyps
- Treatment of Barrett's Esophagus and early esophageal cancer with EMR, RFA (radio frequency ablation), or cryotherapy
- Lumenal stenting with or without fluoroscopy
- Double Balloon and Spirus® Enteroscopy to provide evaluation and therapy for lesions of the small intestine.
- SpyGlass® cholangioscopy for the direct evaluation and biopsy of the biliary and pancreatic ducts.
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- 717-531-4950, option 1