- You should have nothing to eat or drink after midnight until two hours prior to the scheduled test time.
- Two hours prior to the test you should eat 2 pieces of dry toast and drink 6 oz. of apple juice.
- Any pro- or anti-motility medications (see below) must be stopped 3-4 days prior to the scheduled test.
- On the day of the scheduled test, you should report to the Endoscopy Suite (UPC Suite 2000) for registration 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
Medications That Must Be Stopped 72 Hours Before The Test:
- Narcotic Drugs (Codeine, Demerol, Darvocet, Morphine, Percocet, Percodan)
- Calcium channel blockers (Procardia)
- NSAIDS (Relafen, Advil, etc.)
Medications That May Be Continued:
- H2-Blockers (Zantac, Pepcid)
- PPIs (Prilosec, Prevacid, Aciphex)