Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Global Health Center
The Global Health Center is a gathering point of multidisciplinary approaches, all of which seek to better understand and address health issues that transcend geographic borders and that commonly present a greater burden to disadvantaged populations.
One-third of deaths worldwide are due to poverty-related causes.
- to find solutions to reduce suffering in the neediest places in the world
- to properly diagnose community health needs
- to become better doctors for our patients
- because the world is connected together and diseases spread across borders
- because we are concerned with the needs of the poorest among us
- to make a difference with our talents and resources
- on behalf of the poor and needy, both here and abroad
- to encourage others to follow our lead
- because we are compelled
- Santa makes cyber-visit to Children’s Hospital As Santa Claus was putting finishing touches on his list and checking it twice, he took time out of his busy schedule this week to talk with patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- The Medical Minute: Home for the holidays is a time to gauge loved ones’ health As families gather during the holiday season, it’s important to pay special attention to the older members of the clan. In fact, the holidays are a prime opportunity to observe changes in both mental and physical health that may otherwise go undetected and untreated.More...
- Center offers range of safety-related gifts The Safety Center, located on the first floor of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is offering patrons the chance to give the gift of safety this holiday season.More...
- Learn meditation with free class series at Penn State Hershey “Awakening the Heart” is a seven-week introduction to the practice of Heart Rhythm Meditation. The classes will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays Jan. 2 through Feb. 13, at the University Fitness Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free course is open to all interested adults.More...