Welcome to Penn State Hershey Alumni Affairs
The College of Medicine Alumni Society thanks all alumni and friends who continue to contribute to its scholarship program. Because of alumni response, we awarded over 70 scholarship to deserving medical and graduate students in 2012. Alumni scholarships totaled more than $80,000 this year.
Congratulations to the students who received an alumni scholarship in 2012.
Alumni Weekend 2013 will provide the stage for you to gather with Penn State College of Medicine alumni, faculty, and friends, while you reminisce about where your medical career began. So be sure to mark the date on your calendar! This year's reunion classes will feature the classes of 1973, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, and 2008.
Rekindle friendships that made your time at Penn State College of Medicine memorable. Reconnect with faculty and past mentors. Walk the campus and see how Penn State College of Medicine has changed -- and remained the same throughout the years.
Click here for information on Alumni Weekend 2013, including a full schedule of events, a printable RSVP form that you can mail in, and hotel information.
Click here to register online for Alumni Weekend 2013.
Contact the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations at 717-531-8497 or AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu.
The Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2012-2013 Penn State, Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Awards.
- The Alumni Achievement Award recognizes alumni 35 years of age and younger for their extraordinary professional accomplishments.
- The Alumni Fellow Award is the highest honor that the Penn State Alumni Association bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Cheston M. Berlin Service Award recognizes meritorious service to the College of Medicine Alumni Society or its members.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that The Pennsylvania State University bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Honorary Alumnus/a Award recognizes outstanding individuals who, though not graduates of Penn State, greatly enhance the University through their commitment and service, and who make significant contributions to Penn State's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
Please complete your nomination using the standard College of Medicine Alumni Award Nomination Form. Nominations should be submitted by August 25th to:
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, A120
c/o Alison Lipsett Simpson, Alumni Relations Officer
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
To submit a nomination form electronically, please send it to Alison Lipsett Simpson at AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu, or please fax to 717-531-7939.
- Bariatric surgery restores nerve cell properties altered by diet Understanding how gastric bypass surgery changes the properties of nerve cells that help regulate the digestive system could lead to new treatments that produce the same results without surgery, according to Penn State College of Medicine scientists, who have shown how surgery restores some properties of nerve cells that tell people their stomachs are full.More...
- Penn State College of Medicine awarded $1 million AMA grant Penn State College of Medicine has been awarded a prestigious $1 million grant by the American Medical Association as part of a program aimed at transforming the way the physicians of tomorrow are trained.More...
- Penn State Hershey entrepreneurs win first 'startup boot camp' awards Dr. Joseph Sassani, ophthalmologist at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and professor of ophthalmology and pathology at Penn State College of Medicine, is the winner of The TechCelerator@Hershey’s inaugural Eight Week Boot Camp program for promising entrepreneurs.More...
- Collaborative Hershey and University Park medical service trip This spring brought the first collaborative spring break service trip for University Park undergraduates and Hershey medical students and physicians.More...