The Rhythm of Life
A strong and steady heartbeat provides the rhythm of life. When that rhythm gets out of synch (a condition called arrhythmia), the result can be serious - even fatal. Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute experts, called electrophysiologists, specialize in keeping hearts in synch.
Contact us at 1-877-467-7484
Patient cheats death and finds permanent cure for arrhythmia
After a misdiagnosis (and cardiac arrest) at another hospital, Jason Eisenhauer, Fredericksburg, Pa., insisted on a transfer to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center where experts discovered a serious heart rhythm problem. A specialized procedure, called ablation, cured the arrhythmia, and for Jason, life is good.
See Jason tell his story:
For more information, please visit the following links:
- Visit the Penn State Heart and Vascular Electrophysiology Program website
- Learn more about ablation therapy for arrhythmia
- Read about Arrhythmia 101 with Dr. Javier Banchs
- Research arrhythmias in our Health Information Library
- Watch a presentation on your Cardiac Conduction System
- Use our interactive Electrocardiogram (ECG) tool to view heart rhythms