My Penn State Hershey Health Features
- Will my secure messages become part of my medical record?
- Are all of my medical records now available via My Penn State Hershey Health?
- Does My Penn State Hershey Health allow me to communicate with my care providers who are not practicing at Penn State Hershey?
- I had a test recently at a Penn State Hershey lab. Why are my test results not appearing on My Penn State Hershey Health?
A. Yes, messages sent and received via My Penn State Hershey Health automatically become part of your medical record.
A. As we expand use of our electronic medical record system to all of our outpatient practices, more of your records will be available to you electronically. If you have been an inpatient or Emergency Department patient at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, those records will be available to you online. Currently, My Penn State Hershey Health shows only selected parts of your medical record. Remember that your personal Penn State Hershey care providers can discuss any medical issues with you, including those not currently accessible in My Penn State Hershey Health.
* Please note that we have temporarily suspended availability of the "Copy of Record" download while we address some technical issues with it.
A. Only care providers who are part of the Penn State Hershey system will be able to access secure Email to communicate directly with you.
A. We publish results for a majority of tests on My Penn State Hershey Health. However, some tests are considered by our physicians to be too sensitive or complex to be published without prior discussion between the physician and patient regarding the tests and their individual results.
The decision to publish select tests was carefully considered by our medical staff. These tests are not published regardless of what the results might be, so there is no need to be concerned over your individual results simply because the test results are not available through My Penn State Hershey Health. The decision was based on which types of tests to publish, not which results.
Please contact your medical practice office directly to get the results of any lab tests which do not appear on My Penn State Hershey Health.
My Penn State Hershey Health Customer Support
- How can I get help with the website if I have a problem?
- How do I change my password?
- Why do I need to use Security Questions and how do I change them?
- Who can I talk to if I forget my password?
- Are there requirements that I have to meet for my password?
- Why does a Captcha box appear when I attempt to enter my password?
- How secure is the My Penn State Hershey Health system?
- What is the source of the health information I see in My Penn State Hershey Health?
- What if I have other questions or trouble accessing my information?
- If you have a problem with the website working properly, call 877-621-8014, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also email email@example.com
- If you have questions about the information you receive - email messages, lab test results, etc. - contact your Penn State Hershey Medical Group office. Find your local office contact information here.
A. In the upper right corner of the screen next to your account name, there is a link to "Account Settings", click on the link and select "Change Settings with Cerner Health." You will see options for editing your account settings such as email address, password and security questions.
A: Security Questions are asked to verify the user in order to reset your password. In the upper right corner of the screen next to your account name, there is an arrow which activates a drop down menu. Click on the arrow and select "My Account." You will see options for editing your account settings such as email address, password and security questions.
A. Please call us at 877-621-8014, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. A "strong" password is recommended. Strong passwords typically include a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters. The system will indicate if your password is weak, good or strong.
A. The system will automatically add a Captcha box after a password has been incorrectly entered 3 times. This is intended as a security measure to prevent repeated attempts by automated "phishing" web robots to access your account. If you continue to have problems with your password, please call Customer Service at 877-621-8014 for assistance.
A. The system uses an encrypted session between your computer and the My Penn State Hershey Health website each time you sign into the website. This encryption is enabled by a VeriSign (SSL) certificate, the industry standard for securing websites.
A. Your health information is displayed from your electronic medical record at Penn State Hershey.
A. Please call us at 877-621-8014 between 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday. You may also email email@example.com.
My Penn State Hershey Health Account Set-up and Access Restrictions
- How do I sign up for My Penn State Hershey Health?
- How do I access My Penn State Hershey Health?
- Who can use My Penn State Hershey Health?
- Can I access my child's medical records?
- Can two adult patients (e.g. husband and wife) use the same email address for their My Penn State Hershey Health accounts?
- Can an adult patient having legal guardianship access another adult's account (e.g. an adult taking care of a parent)?
A. We do not currently have online registration for My Penn State Hershey Health. Giving your email address and a 4 digit PIN when you are at a Penn State Hershey Medical Group office visit is the only way to register for My Penn State Hershey Health.
If you registered during your office visit, you should receive an email "invitation" to join the health portal. The link in this email message will take you to your registration information. If you do not see the message in your email inbox, you may want to check the junk or spam folder to see if it is there.
If you continue to have difficulty finding your registration email invitation, please call 877-621-8014 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. They may be able to confirm that your email address is in the registration database.
A. Go to pennstatehershey.org/myhealth. Please bookmark this page before clicking the login link to visit My Penn State Hershey Health in the future.
A. My Penn State Hershey Health can be used by patients of Penn State Hershey Medical Group practices. Check with the office staff at your Medical Group location to see if My Health is available to you. Patient access includes:
- patients over the age of 18
- parents of patients up to age 14 - consent from the child is required after their 14th birthday. See next question for details.
- parental access is terminated on the child's 18th birthday per Federal HIPAA law. See next question for details.
- legal guardians with appropriate consent
A. "Proxy Access" allows parents or legal guardians to access your child's medical records until they reach the age of 14.
- On the child's 14th birthday, access is automatically suspended. Your child will then need to visit the Medical Group office and complete a Proxy Authorization Access Consent Form to re-enable access to their online records by parents or guardians.
- This expiration is related to your child's age, not to any of the details on his or her record. Pennsylvania law affords medical records privacy rights to minors for certain medical record details. Examples of this include pregnancy, family planning counseling, selected types of behavioral health treatment, etc.
- >> Download Proxy Authorization Access Consent Form
- On the child's 18th birthday, parental or guardian access to online medical records will be terminated. The child will be able to initiate their own account for access to their electronic health record during their next office visit. Federal HIPAA law requires privacy of health records at age 18. Please advise your child to contact his/her physician's office so that an account can be created that he/she can access directly.
- Visit this website for more details about medical record privacy:
- As always, parents and guardians can contact their family physician to discuss their child's medical situation, and can contact Penn State Hershey Medical Records office to obtain paper copies of medical records by providing proper identification.
A. Private access can be set up for only one adult patient at each e-mail address. Each adult patient must provide a unique and private email address.
A. We are not able to create this access at this time.
My Penn State Hershey Health General Information
- What is My Penn State Hershey Health?
- Should I use My Penn State Hershey Health for medical emergencies or urgent health issues?
- Why is Cerner referenced on the website?
A. My Penn State Hershey Health is a secure website that allows participating patients to conveniently:
- Communicate with their healthcare provider and team
- View upcoming appointments and summary information from past appointments
- Request new appointments or cancel existing appointments
- View test results
- Access their medical record
A. No. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 911. For an urgent health issue, please call your doctor's office.
A. Cerner is the company we use to securely manage your electronic medical record information. My Penn State Hershey Health is a customized Cerner system which provides you with the capabilities to interact with the medical records system.