We believe that your care is not only impacted by your medical team but also in the relations this team has with your family and friends. In light of this, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center seeks to provide a patient- and family-centered care approach, where you and your loved ones are partners in your medical care.
The following information was prepared by our staff with input from patients and their families to answer many of the questions you may have about our facility and the services available to you.
We are here to serve you and your family. We welcome your questions or suggestions to improve this site or the information we have provided here. If you need additional information, please call the Information Desk at 717-531-8080 from outside the Medical Center.
Directions and Maps
Dining and Lodging
Resources to help you make decisions about your health care
Our Healthcare Information Library has over 4,000 pages of helpful, easy-to-understand information, including:
- Searchable library
- Health videos in HD
- Wellness tools
- In-depth reports on over 100 conditions
- Test explanations
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these free resources to help you make decisions about your health care:
Thanks to pennlive.com for compiling this list.
- Questions are the Answer: www.ahrq.gov/questions -- This website lets you make a list of questions that you can bring to your medical appointments and gives you tips on talking with your doctor.
- Consumers & Patients: www.ahrq.gov/consumer -- This page links to consumer information on staying healthy, getting high-quality health care and more.
- Your Medicine: Be Smart. Be Safe: www.ahrq.gov/consumer/safemeds/yourmeds.htm -- This booklet answers common questions about getting and taking medicines and has a wallet card to help you keep track of your medicines. A free copy also can be ordered at 1-800-358-9295.
- Tips for Patients: www.ahrq.gov/consumer/beinvolved.pdf -- This brochure gives you tips to use before, during and after your medical appointment to make sure you get the best possible care.