Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, click here to take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting. Click to learn more
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- New continuing education offerings from Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
- Dimensions in Heart and Vascular Care, October 18, 2013
- International Congress on ECMO Therapy, October 19, 2013
- Palmyra man is first in PA to go home with total artificial heart
- Holy Spirit Cardiovascular Institute and Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute Sign Collaborative Surgery Agreement
- Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is proud to partner with the American Heart Association and the Go Red for Women campaign.
- Expanded services in Hanover. Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute opened a new outpatient office in the Hillside Medical Center in Hanover.
- Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute welcomes Barry Clemson, M.D., to the heart failure team.
- The Journey of an IVC Filter - from Life-saving to Life Altering - read one woman's story that brought her from South Dakota to Penn State Hershey.
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Program receives recertification.
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute’s (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission.Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute’s (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- Deadline approaching for Kohl’s Healthy Champions video contest Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center, together with the Kohl’s Cares Hospital Program and Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is hosting a video contest for families, schools and organizations. Participants have a chance to win a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iPad mini.More...
- Penn State Hershey Epilepsy Program recognized by NAEC Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program was recently recognized as a Level 4 Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC).More...
- New leadership coming to human resources, community relations Lisa Abbott will join Penn State Hershey on June 3 as associate vice president for human resources for health affairs for Penn State and chief human resources officer for Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. With Abbott’s arrival, Charles Wilson, who has served as chief human resources officer for the Medical Center since 2002, will move into the new role of chief community relations officer on an interim basis.More...
- The Medical Minute: Preparing home and car for emergencies Whether traveling or at home, there are things you can do before an emergency to ensure a swift response and a better possible outcome to your situation.More...